Chapter 35

Albus didn't kiss me back.

Why?

Because he doesn't like you that way, idiot.

Oh my god, what am I going to do now?

Will he think I'm a fag?

Scorpius had no where else to go. Stuck inside the Potter's house, he was trapped. Utterly trapped.

He couldn't Apparate back to the safety of Hogwarts (Haven't you read Hogwarts: A History?), and he was quite sure that his father didn't want his presence around the Malfoy manor.

He couldn't ask Rhea, as she had told him on the phone that she was in Australia for the week, scuba-diving in the Barrier Reef (And honestly, he had no idea how he would manage to travel to Australia in the first place).

Scorpius paced around the cramped, hidden, miniscule shed in the back of the Potter's backyard, trying very hard not to panic. 

You'll be okay, Scorpius.

Just breathe.

Everything is going to be okay.

For some queer reason, the voice that spoke the words was his mother's, her comforting and warm tone calming the rapid beating of Scorpius' heart.

Gradually, he sunk to the cool, concrete floor, listening to the timbre of his mother's voice.

Calm down, sweetheart. Everything will be fine, you'll see.

I love you honey. Don't ever forget that.

——————————————————

A/N:

We got this to 1k views guys! Thank you so much :) Keep up the great work!

Chapter Question:

In the midst of Scorpius' panic attack, his mother's voice suddenly speaks in his mind, and Scorpius gradually calms down.

Is this a figment of his imagination, an anchor for him to hold onto when he feels very insecure? Perhaps, a memory from his childhood that is recalled?

Tell me in the comments what you think, and explain.

Bonus Question: (!!!)

Scorpius seems to jump to the worst possible conclusion in the beginning, as it is also shows in previous chapters, instead of considering positive endings to an incident. Why do you think that is?