Chapter 22

Scorpius was strangely quiet on the ride back home.

So quiet, it was deeply disturbing Albus.

The dark haired boy hesitated, opening his mouth to comfort his best friend.

He closed it when Scorpius raised a hand to stop his words, his expression dull and sallow.

"I'm fine."

If the situation wasn't so miserable, Albus would've laughed. It was clear that something was wrong with his best friend, and he wanted- no, needed- to know what the issue was.

Albus' eyes darted around the tiny, muggle train compartment, quite common compared to the Hogwarts train.

His parents insisted on travelling around like the muggles did, as it was necessary for his father to observe the situations, then apply them accordingly when interacting with the folk without magic.

Also, Albus might've been rambling on about Scorpius' fascination with muggles to his parents.

The Potter boy bit his lip, wondering if he should venture into seeing what was wrong with Scorp.

But as he opened his mouth, hurt tinged with accusation tumbled out instead.

"Are you sad because of me?"

Scorpius' mouth stretched into a hesitant smile, turning his head towards Albus. "Why would you ever think that?"

Albus looked downwards. "I dunno."

The Malfoy scooted closer to his best friend.

"I will never be sad, as long as I'm with you."