chapter 21

thanks for reading, hope you like it please comment and vote its all really appriciated

leigh

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chapter 21

Milo pov

The next few days flew by, we’d gotten word from Doctor Western the following day that Abby’s dad was out of surgery; it had been touch and go for a while due to the silver bullet embedding itself deep into him. It must have been developed especially for killing our kind because when it had entered his body the bullet opened causing silver to spread from where it landed making him unable to heal at all. The doctor had battled for hours just to get all the silver out. Now he was up and about healing slowly, everyone was impressed at how well he was recovering since he was in such a bad a shape only a few days earlier.

The pack meeting had gone well, well so Grant told me, all the leaders would be staying for the time being ready if they came back. Me and Abby didn’t go we were told to stay away, so I didn’t know what had exactly had been said and what their plan was but I was sure after speaking to a few of them they wouldn’t let any harm come of Abby. I think they told us to stay away more for Abby’s benefit than mine. Not that she minded, the smell of all the leaders that were here was driving her mad, she couldn’t stand being around other powerful wolves, normally alphas could handle themselves around other alphas and there was no fight for dominance they all understood each other and over the years had come accustom to being near each other. Abby on the other hadn’t had that she didn’t know how to back down and every time she saw another Alpha or smelt the dominance in the air she flipped getting angrier and angrier every time. My guess was her hormones and mood swings from the pregnancy were playing a massive part but either way everyone was giving her a wide berth except a few of us who were getting the hang of how to handle her.

Her sickness had been getting progressively worse over the past few days, she could barely keep anything down but she made sure it didn’t stop her; she was constantly on the move, either at the pack doctors to see her dad or training with Chris in the clearing. She’d gotten used to Grant and he helped train her. True to his word they didn’t go easy on her but he was right she could take it. No one could have ever imagined how quickly she would have taken to shifting and fighting but she did. She seemed to get faster everyday even battling exhaustion nausea and gaining weight for the twins. Her tiny belly was pushing out slightly and in just the past five days there was no mistaking she was pregnant. Annabelle who had been over every day checking up on her due to her intense training was gobsmacked by how quickly the pregnancy was progressing and had now said instead of the three months she’d be lucky if she carried two months especially with it being twins as they were likely to be born earlier. Mom had flapped over that development saying we needed to get things and two months wouldn’t be enough time to organise everything, I mean come on two babies, they were going to be tiny how much stuff did we need.

Abby and her dad had gotten a lot closer and I think she had finally forgiven him, the thought of losing him was too much for her to bear, she had put up a cold front for everyone around her only letting me in and when he opened his eyes and talked to her for the first time she had broken down in front of everyone. Everyone knew what she’d been through but I don’t think anyone had realised how it had affected her until that moment. As for her mom, she had arrived three days under guard ago totally out of it and drunk as a skunk effing a blinding about this that and the other. Luckily Abby was training away from the pack houses and didn’t hear see or smell her mother, she still hadn’t. I couldn’t bear for her to face that woman again I dint know what either would do, what ever happened it wouldn’t end well, Abby’s power was getting stronger by the day her alpha blood flowing steadily through her as well as my white wolf power, Grant was right we both had been getting stronger and if she came face to face with her mom she wouldn’t be the shy quiet little girl her mom broke down and abused.