chapter 24

Hey guys thanks so much for reading my aim is for 3 votes so hopefully i will get it. Also i hope this chapter is ok, ive struggled getting into Adams head so i hope its ok. thanks again

leigh xxxxxxx

Chapter 24

Adams pov

I could feel her blood dripping down my back mixing with the pouring rain as I pounded the ground trying to get back to the safety of the Storm pack. The smell of her blood was drifting strongly through the air, I had to get her back as soon as possible, any rouge wolf from his pack would be able to pick her scent up and finish the job. I couldn’t believe my daughter was actually fighting for her life after how hard I’d tried to protect her. I suppose I should have been prepared for this day knowing that he would find her eventually but I could never prepare myself for her being so badly injured protecting me. One silver arrow was bad enough, and the likely hood of her or the babies surviving a direct hit into her stomach was slim but for her to pull all of her strength together and jump in front of me to take the second one was just unbelievable.

Everyone high up in the Storm pack had told me how fast and strong she was, and after them telling me what she did to save me the first time I was under no illusion that she would make one hell of an alpha for my pack, better than me, she never thought of herself only others. Me on the other hand, I was selfish I knew I was powerful, I flaunted it, I knew I was strong so I controlled everyone and never shied away from letting everyone know just who I was and what I was. I knew everyone was scared of me so I used it so I got what I wanted when I wanted, I was Alpha Grace the most powerful Alpha of the biggest most powerful pack in the northern hemisphere, I feared no one, I feared nothing  and everyone did anything I wanted through fear. Well that was until I met Evie and Abby was born, at that moment I knew I had to do everything in power to protect her, that’s when I became the person I am today. I was now respected among my other packs and the alpha’s. Everyone who knew me knew just how much my daughter meant to me and when the threat on her life was first started and this treaty was brought into effect I could never have imagined seven years later I would have so many Alphas fighting alongside me protecting my Abby.

When Jen had phoned to say Abby had shifted I literally dropped the phone and fell to the floor. Within seconds Gray, my beta had lifted me up and gotten me my plane tickets and sorted everything. The entire pack amazed by the news she had shifted let alone shifted into a great black fur wolf, the Grace gene had most definitely been passed down to her and above everything they were hoping that she could come home, join our pack and learn to take over me as their Alpha.

 Well all that had changed when I got to the Storm pack’s land and saw her, I honestly thought she was going to die, no one knew when she would wake up and if she did she would never want to leave she had found her mate. I couldn’t have been more proud when I found out that she had found Milo. I knew his parents and that he was the white wolf but to find out that he was Abby’s mate took me by surprise. Together they both would be more powerful than any other wolf and their children would rival even them.

I was so happy when I found out about the babies, I mean I had missed out on so much of Abby’s life maybe now I could make it up to her and be around for her now. I couldn’t wait to be a granddad. The thought of her losing those babies made me sick to my stomach, especially as it was me she was protecting. It should have been the other way around; I should have gotten to her sooner. I would never forgive myself if anything happened to her or those twins.     

The thunder clapped loudly breaking my chain of thought. I looked up as the lightening lit up the sky making me shudder, I hated rain, it washed scents away and masked on coming wolves, anyone could be sneaking up on me.