Chapter 13

I shot up straight out of my chair, putting the notebook behind my back as I awkwardly turned to face him. We were only separated by the cushioned chair between us which was the only thing keeping him from ripping the thing out from behind my back.

"What's behind your back?" He sleepily asked. It was obvious he was only half awake and I tried to use that as an advantage.

"Nothing." I quickly replied, giving him a fake smile that I'm pretty sure he couldn't see since it was pretty dark. I stuck my fingers through the last page of the book where I had written down my thoughts and grasped in between my pointer finger and thumb.

Just as I expected, Luke attempted to snatch the book from behind my back, even though he didn't exactly know that was the object behind me. Luckily I was quick enough and flinched back and out of his reached. He was now leaned over the chair with his hand gripping the back of it while the other was clinging onto the arm.

He peered up at me from his spot by the side of my waist. I raised my eyebrows at him, slowly tearing out the back page without breaking eye contact with him. I crumpled the paper in my hand as his eyes inched back to the crinkling noise.

"What is it?" He asked again. He attempted to lunge for the object once more, but I was able to slip out of his way and to the side of the chair. He stood up with a blank look on his face as I secretly slipped the crumpled paper between the frame of my bed.

I held out the notebook to him and watched him switch his attention from me to the sleek cover that had a glare from the lamp behind me.

"Oh." He simply said. He reached out towards the book and slipped it out of my fingers. I gulped in the fear that there was something else that was related to Luke in there.

To my surprise, he tossed the book back onto my desk and gazed back over at me with his same lazy eyes. Usually he would've peeped through the as that was a part of his nosy nature, but somehow I had the feeling that I knew he didn't want me to look through it. Maybe because he knew he wouldn't want anyone to look through his, even me.

Luke grabbed my upper arm, dragging me towards the bed. I followed his lead and crawled into my bed with him for a second time this night. He was already lying down and facing me just as I could sit down.

"You have your own room you know." I stated as I pulled my comforter over me and adjusted my pillows before I laid down next to him.

"I know." He cheekily sighed, slinging his arms and legs around me. His long limbs resembled a koala around my smaller body. I hadn't gotten exactly comfortable before he leeched onto me, but there wasn't much I could do about it.

I hadn't gotten much sleep that night from the surprise of finding that I had thought that I had fallen in love with the doof beside me. Over the hours of the night, he had untangled his body from mine and returned back to his normal state. But once I rolled on my side to face my back to him I could feel the exhale of his breathing on the back of my neck along with the few fingers that tickled on my spine.

In the moment I hadn't forgotten the situation with Ellis. I had forgotten that Luke was someone I've known for years, someone I grew up with, who proved that he knew me better than I knew myself. The internal conflict I had was whether I was attracted to him himself or what he offered me. His touch was beginning to drive me wild and he knew it did too.

-

"Luke Hemmings get your huge ass off of me!" I shouted at him. I had just lied down after we got in from school and I felt beyond exhausted and Luke wasn't doing much to help me.

"My ass isn't that huge!" He yelled back, as if he was offended. His chest as pressed against my back as his tall body engulfed mine as he completely sprawled his body out over mine. He had grabbed my wrists and pinned them behind my back and had no intentions of letting them go. I couldn't kick my legs very well as his were tangled with mine. Basically I was stuck under him and there was nothing I could do.