Chapter 4

"No." I scoffed. "No, no, no, no, no." I repeated to Luke, brushing past him and walking out of my room.

"Why not?" He whined as he chased behind me. I sat down on the couch and crossed my arms over one another, not even attempting to give him my attention.

"I'm not going on one of yours and Cianna's 'play dates'." I put the words in air quotes as I was clearly annoyed by the idea of her.

"It's not a 'play date'." He said, mocking me. He sat down next to me only to have my body shift away from him. "It's just a small party and she invited me. I only thought it would be fun if you went." I felt his eyes burning through me even though I couldn't exactly see him.

I grimaced back at him as I eyed him up once. He had the most needy look in his eyes, like if I didn't go then the world would actually end. I shifted my body towards him as my idea on this whole party was lightening up. If he really wanted me to go, then I would, but the fact that it was at Cianna's place was just ruining it for me.

"Come on, Autumn." He spoke and softly put his hand on my shoulder. This was something he did only when he really wanted something. I glanced down at my shoulder then back into his eyes that were more blue than usual. "Just come with me. I'll leave whenever you want to."

I looked away from him, trying to decide if I wanted to give into it and completely go against my own priorities, but eventually I made up my mind. I groaned loudly then turned back to him. "Fine." I plainly said. "But-" Before I could finish my sentence Luke had stopped me by jumping on me and engulfing me in a hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." He repeated, his voice now giddy. Because of his forceful action, we were now laid down on the couch and my arms were glues to my side from the grip he had around me.

"Don't touch me." I plainly said, having no hopes of him actually getting off of me. As his grip became tighter I finally decided to speak up. "Luke!" I shouted. "Get off me!" I struggled to pry him off of me, but it was still no use. "Why are you even so excited about this? It's just a small party." I huffed, blowing a piece of hair out of my face since I couldn't actually move it with my hands. He sat up right after, giving me a questioning glare.

"It's our last party before school starts, don't you want to have a little bit of fun?" He was right, I was all for a little mischievous, we both were. But I just disliked the idea of Cianna and that was all that there was to it.

"You're right." I sighed, propping myself onto my elbows and getting a better look at him. "I'll make the most of it."

-

"You look like a slut." Luke popped up behind me in my mirror, scanning me from head to toe.

"I do not!" I scoffed, smoothing out the bumps on my black dress. It was a little tighter than I had wanted, but it wasn't too short and barely showed my chest. He was probably just confused by the drastic difference since I'm all for baggy t-shirts. "Who are you to say anyways?"

"I'm your best friend. I'm obligated to tell you that." His arms folded across his graphic black t-shirt, something that he had about 400 of. I squinted my eyes at him through our reflections in the mirror.

"Well," I began, leaning over the counter. I caught him taking a quick glance down at my nearly exposed butt and once he realized that I'd seen him, he raised his eyebrows at me, as if that had proved his point. "Shouldn't I have a little fun?" I stated, mocking his words that he said to me earlier.

"Are you ready?" He asked, completely ignoring my last words. I stood back up, raking my hands through my hair for more volume.

"The question is if you are ready." I said, referring to his t-shirt and jeans. He looked down then back up, fixing his beanie on his head.