Chapter 22

Luckily for me, I hadn't lived too far from where Luke wanted to meet me at. It was walking distance, only a couple blocks. As I looked down at the note he had given me, double checking to make sure I was in the place he expected me to be. I kept my head down as I walked, trying not to let the wind burn my eyes.

I stepped onto the sidewalk, weaving my way through people. I peered up, instantly spotting Luke leaning on the side of an old cafe. I quickly got through the sea of people, seeing as the city was always crazy on a Friday night, and hurried towards Luke. His found me easily, slowly standing up right and showing off his normal smile.

"You found me." He stated, his tone easy. It was clear he was more relaxed with the city and enjoyed it as where I needed a break every so often.

"Yep." I popped the 'P', peering over his shoulder to see the same 'World's Best Coffee' sign on the door that I've seen on a hundred other doors. "So you're taking me to get coffee at 6 o'clock?" I asked, letting out a light laugh.

He looked down, shaking his head lightly. His hands shuffled through the jacket of his coat, pulling out two pieces of paper. He pointed down the sidewalk, making me turn my head and seeing what he actually had in mind.

"Broadway?" I questioned. I grabbed a ticket from his hand, reading over it. "My first Broadway show is to see the Rockettes." I remembered Luke talking about seeing the Rockettes as a part of Radio City's Christmas Spectacular and I also remember telling him it'd be fun if we went and saw them since they were a 'must see'.

"Did I pick well?" He asked, nudging me with his elbow.

"You picked perfectly." I laughed. He shrugged his shoulders, trying to hold back his growing smile while I let mine stay wide.

"Come on." He quietly said, nodding towards the corner across from us. He brushed beside me, grabbing my free hand with his and tying our fingers together.

-

"I'm so mad my parents didn't put me in any dancing or acting or singing lessons when I was younger." I chuckled, gripping onto the cup of hot chocolate Luke just handed to me.

Our date, if I could call it that since it felt like a normal day with him, had actually gone a bit better than I thought. I wasn't sure what to expect from him as I'd never actually gone out with him in a 'more than friends' way. I didn't know how he acted on dates and I wasn't sure what to expect. I figured he would had taken himself down a notch, been more quiet and mannered like all boys were on a first date. Lucky for me, he had been his plain normal self, most likely because he's already known me a lot better than the girls in his past and didn't feel the need to impress me.

We were now sitting in a Starbucks right across the street. To my surprise, there were only a few people that were here. It was probably from the vast amount of Starbucks' in just a short mile.

"I can agree with you there." He pulled his chair out, setting his own coffee down in front of him. How he managed to drink so much caffeine at 8 at night made me worried for his sleep schedule.

"But you can actually sing." I stated as I pulled off the plastic lid, stirring the hot drink around with a small straw. I looked up to see his cheeks tinted pink, he always felt embarrassed when I brought up his musical ability, or rather just shy about it.

"But have I gotten anywhere with it?" He replied, raising an eyebrow at me.

"You've probably picked up a few ladies with it." I wrapped my hands around my cup, letting the warmth bring back the feelings in my fingertips. No matter how long I had been holding Luke's hand I would eventually need some type of heater.