Chapter 31

My phone vibrated once again with another text from Luke. I hadn't seen him since 8 this morning and apparently that was too long of a wait for him.

"why are you so cute"

I ignored him for the second time, trying to focus on what my professor was lecturing the class about. I was distracted by the buzzing again and I glanced down to see the same name on my screen.

"answer me :-("

I rolled my eyes and pushed my phone away from me, leaning a little further back into my chair that I was dying to get out of. I anxiously tapped my pencil on my notebook, waiting for the next set of notes I would be needing to write down. I stopped once my phone lit up for a third time.

"today is valentine's day..."

I raised my eyebrow at his message, seeing that he had repeated this statement over and over again. We decided on not getting each other presents, but that hadn't gone to well since he told me he was taking me somewhere tonight and I got him a few cheesy presents of my own.

"i want to kiss you"

I pulled my phone towards me, checking that no one around me was reading over my shoulder. I kept ignoring him as his messages kept coming in.

"starting at your neck"

I took in a sharp breath, peering up from my phone in my lap to the others around me.

"then move down further"

That's when I decided to stop ignoring him and send him text reminding him that I was in fact in class and didn't need him sending me any risky texts with classmates around me. I knew that he was going to ask if I could just leave early, and since it was Luke I easily gave in.

I left the classroom, a few stares on me as I headed towards the door, one of them being my professor's glare. I quietly shut the door behind me and let out a small breath as I reached into my pocket and retrieved my phone. As expected, he sent a text just telling me to skip the rest of the class. I groaned and started making my way out of my school and down the few blocks to my home.

My arms were wrapped tightly around my torso as I hurried through the streets. There was still left over snow from last week and it didn't show any signs of melting any time soon.

I weaved around people, mostly tourists, and kept my head down to get back home. The walked seemed longer than usual, most likely because I was waiting to see Luke. As I reached my apartment building, I waved to a few of the older couples coming down the steps. They had looked like they were out for a Valentine's dinner.

I reached my front door, pushing it open and dropping my stuff down by the door. My legs felt heavy and my cheeks burned from the cold, putting my hands to them as I laid down on the couch.

Luke quietly stepped into the room, his sweatpants hanging low on his hips and his shirt gone. I raised an eyebrow at him as he motioned for me to move my feet so he could sit.

"Did you even go to school today?" I asked, curling into a ball.

"Nope." He leaned back into the couch and propped his feet up on the table.

"I saw you leave this morning, where'd you go?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him as he glanced over to me then back to the black screen of the TV.

"That's a secret." He smiled, gripping onto my leg as he stood up. "But what isn't a secret is that you have an hour until I take you somewhere, so go get ready." He held out his hand for me to take as I stuck out my bottom lip.