Chapter 2

"Are you sure?" I questioned to my boyfriend from my phone.

"Yeah. We've spent enough time running around this city together. Go spend your day with Luke, he probably misses you." Ellis said, his smile obvious even through a speaker. He had insisted on taking a day off from him and spending my day with Luke, since apparently I hadn't, as if we weren't living together.

Ellis was different. Not different as in 'he's the one' type of thing from cliché books and movies, but in a whole just as a person. He was very open minded, very optimistic, just about an any given time. He was one of those 'morning people' which I was not. At all. He was also extremely book smart, and I leaned towards the street smart. If you compared him and I you'd see more differences than similarities, but that's what made our relationship so interesting.

"Alright." I sighed to him, not exactly content with having to give up a day with Ellis. We've been trying to get as much time in as possible before school started because then we'd be insanely busy.

"We've got the weekend, don't fret. See you then, alright?" His voice was smooth and quiet, it was always calming and assuring. I smiled at his words then agreed.

"Okay. The weekend, got it. See you until then." I broke the sentences off, as if I was making a mental note. My voice turned back to it's normal state, but I still managed to sound a little excited.

"Miss you until then." We exchanged our goodbyes and I hung up, letting myself sink into the leather couch.

We had always done the same ritual over the phone, 'See you until then.' 'Miss you until then.' Since he hadn't actually told me he loved me yet, it was a good replacement. Just like a reassurance that we'll see each other soon and they're in our thoughts, I guess. It's kind of cheesy and silly, but that's what we liked about it.

As for him not saying he loved me yet, it had a lot to do with his parents. He had those parents that had basically planned his life out. They hadn't chosen for me to be his girlfriend or anything, if so then he could've gotten a lot better might I add. But his parents were very intimidating. Full of money, business partners, strict, the usual. I had met them and had nearly collapsed from their judgemental stares, but Ellis had made it clear that they like me and are happy with his choice. I always second guessed that, but I finally let it go when I realized his parents couldn't make or break us, this relationship was just between us.

As for my parents, they weren't too fond of Ellis' 'type' of family. I had a very easy going, laid back type of family, who were also a bit weird. I've got incredible support from them, seeing as they only want me happy. It's not that they didn't like Ellis or his family, it's just that they were just about polar opposites.

Now, my parents also think I would be happier getting through school not with Ellis as my boyfriend, but Luke. It's the typical thing of they thought we were cute as little kids and they thought our friendship was going to bloom into some crazy undeniable love for each other which I thought was a little ridiculous to be honest. I mean, I did love Luke as a friend, almost like a brother. I had an older brother and a younger brother which Luke wouldn't quite fit in with, but you get the point.

So all in all, my family holds Luke a little higher than Ellis since Luke was around a lot more and they secretly wish that I was dating Luke, but they know that I'm very happy with Ellis so they let it be. I was very lucky to have it all fall in place the way it is.

"Luke!" I hollered across the house, wanting to inform him of the change of plans.

"What?" He yelled back rather rudely. I scoffed to myself and tried to find out where his voice came from. Even though we had a one story, small apartment, it was still pretty hard to find out where we were yelling at each other from.