Chapter 43

What better way was there to spend spring break than surrounded by a crowd of people in an unfamiliar condo where more than half of the people there wouldn't even remember what was happening at the moment when they got out of be the next day? There surely seemed to be better ways, which is why I was one of those people who tried to keep myself out of the giant crowd, but it was pretty much unavoidable.

I had come here with Luke who was currently no where to be found. We had been invited by Calum who was invited by Michael and it was basically just a giant cycle. My arm was currently aching from carrying a box of beer a quarter of a mile with Calum to handout to people here who really didn't need anymore. The dude who was giving them to us looked pretty tipsy himself, but Calum claimed to know him from his psychology class.

I was now walking into the kitchen of the strangers condo that was getting trashed. I was stepping on red cups with nearly every step I took. I found Ashton leaning up on the counter, talking to what looked like a couple that I had yet to meet. They walked away shortly after, giving me the chance to talk to Ashton without rudely interrupting.

"Have you seen Luke?" I asked, hauling the case of alcohol next to him on the counter.

"Who?" He leaned down to me as he couldn't hear me over the music the music that was playing.

"Luke." I repeated, a little louder this time. "I left to go pick up some more drinks around the corner for everyone and I can't find him anywhere." I explained, looking around again to see if I could spot him. He had said he would stay down here and wait, but I guess 20 minutes took too long.

"I haven't seen him, sorry Autumn." Ashton sheepishly replied. "Have you checked upstairs?" He asked. I shook my head in response, I figured that no one would really be up there unless someone needed to use the bedroom, so to speak.

It was a pretty big condo, but there wasn't much to where I could actually lose Luke. He had a little more than usual to drink, but I'm sure it wouldn't have him running of, at least I think it wouldn't. Ever since the school year started a few of his habits had changed and this one was unfortunately one of them.

I peered around the room one more time, hoping just to catch a glimpse of Luke's hair that would be peaking out over the others. I sighed as I turned back to Ashton, grabbing the plastic cup in his hand a downing the last amount of whatever he had in there.

"I'm going to go find him." I told him, getting a glare from him then a nod.

I threw my cup in the garbage, squeezing through a few people to head towards the main room where most of the people were. I didn't bother searching through the small crowd since I would've spotted Luke by then if he was in there. I left and headed towards the back porch, again seeing to sign of him.

After a few rounds around the first floor I found Calum and his girlfriend just submerging from a group of people, giggling and clinging onto each other.

"Calum," I said, rushing his name as if it would make me get his attention faster. "Have you seen Luke?"

"Yeah, he went upstairs like 20 minutes with a few people. I thought you were with him?" He replied, glancing down to the tall girl his arm was hooked around before raising an eyebrow back towards me.

I shook my head, "No I've been looking for him, but than you," I said, right before leaving them and heading towards the stairs.

I climbed them slowly behind two guys who were nearly stumbling up them and I suddenly felt a nervous feeling in my stomach. It sounded almost conceited of me to say, but the idea of drunk guys around me made me feel uncomfortable from the amount of times I've been nearly harassed.