Chapter 2

The class is over and I'm taking my books in my hands and stand up. I see Luke is still in his seat and looking at his books. Should I walk over to introduce myself? I wrinkle my nose at the sound of that, introduce myself to the new boy. What is wrong with me? I shake it off and follow Ashton out through the door. Ashton starts talking about how lame the new professor is and I just nod in agreement to him instead of talking. We keep on walking down the corridor to get to math class and also meet Michael who are going to take the same math class as us this year. I can already see that he will be rude to Luke all the time and throw paper on him because he's the new kid. That happened in the second year of high school. He were so rude, actually all of us were but he was even more, to all the first years by "accidentally" knocking over their tray of food, calling them names etc. I wouldn't say it wasn't funny because it was and we had such a fun year even if it caused us a lot of detention but.. When I think about it now I don't really know why we did it. Probably because we thought we were the cool kids who was in the second year and thought we could mess around with the new people just for fun. We all have changed but we still may be a little cruel but we just keep that to ourselves. But as for Michael, he might have changed but his rude personality is still somewhere inside him.  I won't be surprised if he starts mocking with Luke just because he's new but he seriously don't need to. Hopefully he will just let it go. 

"Earth to Miranda." I hear Michael say and waves his hands in front my face. I shake my head and drop my thoughts. What the fuck is wrong with me today. Since when did I turn into such a poetry person and care about that new boy, this is not me, this is what happens if I don't get enough sleep. Just drop it, I say to myself. 

"Sorry, I was just thinking." 

"Thinking of what? Of me?" Michael teases.

"Oh shut up, it was nothing really."

"Yeah right. It must have been something because it looked like you were in a complete different world." 

"It was nothing, just drop it." I tell him and we walk into the classroom. Luke is already sitting in the middle of the classroom. As I look back at Michael he stares at him with tensed eyebrows, I grab his wrist and pull him to the seats at the back with Ashton on his heels. 

"Who the hell is that?" he ask me loud enough for Luke to hear and stares him in the back. I hushed him and he looks back at me. 

"He's new." I answer in a whisper. A smirk appears on his face and I could sense what he were going to think about or maybe even do to him. I sighed softly and laid back against the chair as the class started. More books hands out and I'm starting to regret I didn't take my bag with me or a padlock to my new locker, but I actually forgot the lock at home so I can't say I regret it. Beside me I hear Michael rustle with some paper. Is he seriously doing this right now? He ripped of some small pieces of the paper and curled them into smaller bits. I want to stop him for being a fucking asshole, but I can't. He starts throwing the paper bits one by one on Luke when the teacher doesn't see. The first time he doesn't notice it, second time he notices but doesn't look back at all he just looks at his shoulder. When Michael throws the third time the teacher notice.

"Mr. Clifford what are you doing?" he says with a serious tone. Michael tries to hold his laughter.

"Nothing sir." I roll my eyes and places them on Luke, he stares at Michael but turn his face back forward as fast he sees me catching his attention. The teacher sighs loudly but doesn't yell at Michael. Michael is now looking at Ashton who's laughing and he joins him.

"Quiet!" the teacher yells. They stops laughing and keeps quiet the rest of the lesson. 

The lesson finally ends and with my books in my arms me and Ashton starts to walk out. When I step my foot outside the classroom I could hear Michael's voice back in the room. 

"So you're the new kid eh?" he says, they are alone. I turned back and Michael is pushing him on a table. 

"Michael!" I yell and he looks at me. He gives me a sour face but looks back at Luke. Michael is quiet and Luke is still half lying on the table and his face expression says, go away.

"For fucks sake, get over here!" he faces me and sighs loudly. Luke looks relieved when Michael walks towards me. He keeps his eyes on me until he's just in front of me.

"What the fuck was that?" his anger raises in his voice. I just ignore it and starts walking to the cafeteria with them behind me, finally lunch time I'm starving. 

We arrive at the cafeteria and I see Beth, Angelina and Calum sit at our table we always sit. The table in the right corner by the windows. The smell of fish fills the entire room and I feel sick. Fish is probably the worst thing I know. I grab a plate and filling it with vegetables and also some potatoes instead of the grey fish. When i'm finished I don't wait for the others, I go straight to the table. 

"Ugh, how can you eat that." my voice sounds disgusted while watching Beth and Calum eating the fish. Beth teases me by putting some of her fish on my plate, but I drag my plate away so the fish falls on the table. 

"Girl I'm not picking that up." I say and she laughs meanwhile she puts the fish in her napkin. 

"I forgot to grab some water, I'll be right back." 

"Could you get me a glass of water as well?" Angelina says and I nod smiling. I stand up and walks toward to the water desk. Grabbing two glass and puts them under the water machine. The water starts pouring in the glasses. A blonde guy with a familiar black t-shirt walks up beside me. Luke. I can do it, or maybe I should just ignore him. What the hell he will be in the same class as I for a whole year, I can't ignore him. 

".. Luke right?" I ask him. He looks up at me and nods slowly. His eyes are really blue, beautiful blue.   

"I'm Miranda." my hand reach out waiting for him to grab it. He reach out his and grabs mine as we shake it and then fast release it. 

"I'm really sorry about Michael's behavior after class today. He's an asshole and thinks he can beat up every new guy in school. Just ignore eye contact to him and you'll be alright." I half smile. 

"I'll remember that, thanks." he says and walks away with his glass of milk in his hand. My hands grab the two glasses under the water machine and I try balancing them on my way back to the table. Those blue eyes keeps repeating in my head, damn they were really blue. Is that even possible to have that kind of colour? I must admit they were really pretty. Damn. I sit down at the table and everyone is staring at me. They must had seen my talking to Luke.. 

"What the fuck? Are you two dating now or something because that was just really weird." Michael says. 

"Jealous much?" I tease and he mouth what I just say. Angelina reaches for her glass. 

"Who is that anyway?" Beth says and frowns. Before I could answer Ashton answers instead.

"Luke, he's new." 

"Hmm.." she puckers her lips. Her thinking face, she looks so silly so I started laughing.

"What?" I keep on laughing. 

"You just look so ridiculous with your thinking face." the rest nods and laugh with me while Beth pouts. 

The rest of the day goes pretty fast and Beth, Angelina and me says goodbye to the boys and goes to Beths  car in the parking lot. Wow, I forgot how it looked like. The shiny silver on it is so clean you can almost see your reflection. As soon as I open the car door I spot Luke and he looks at me. Is he.. waving? Should I wave back or is he waving to someone else behind me? I just end up waving back and climb into the car and have four eyes staring at me.

"Oh fuck off. I was just being polite." they laugh and Beth starts the car.

If you've been reading these two chapters, let me know what you think by comment below :) I would really appreciate it so I don't need to think that no one is even reading lol x