chapter 16

Alishba pov:

I smiled at Rimsha and withdrew my hand as she loosened her grip. She smiled back and proceeded to fix her makeup. I was fixing my hijab when she asked, "If you don't mind me asking, how long have you and Ryan been together?" I stopped what I was doing and looked towards her. "Uh-" I couldn't find the words to tell her or maybe I didn't want to tell her. But before I could continue she cut me in, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked. It's none of my business. It's just rumours were you two were family and close to each other."

My eyes slightly widen, what lies were everyone saying? She was anticipating my answer, I could either accept her words or deny them. I chose to accept considering I didn't know what will be the consequences of denying her. I opened my mouth to tell her but my phone interrupted. Internally I was thanking the phone rang.

I picked it up to find Ishra caller ID. Picking it up I said hello. "I thought you died or something, it's been like thirty minutes. We're you taking a bath?" She continued to blabber. I chuckled, "I'm coming. I just-" I glanced towards Rimsha to find her smiling at me, "got in a situation. I'll tell you later. I'm coming." With that I put my phone back in my bag and looked towards Rimsha. "My cousin. Never mind. It was nice meeting you, Rimsha. I guess I'll see you....sometime." She smiled although it didn't quite reach her eyes. "Nice meeting you too, Alishba." She nodded and I turned and made my way towards the door and I swear I heard her say, "we will meet pretty soon."

.......................

After the strange encounter I went back to Ishra and Afan. Taking a seat I grabbed the smoothie that was in front of me. "Thanks, guys" taking a sip I sighed as the cool liquid sooth my throat. "So sis, what took you so long?" My gaze founded Afan an I sat straighter. "Ah, I met this lady. She was really nice but strange. Anywho, she was beautiful nonetheless." Afan smirked, "did I just hear beautiful?" Ishra rolled her eyes and leaned over the table to smack his head lightly.

"Ouch woman, what was that for?" He rubbed his head. Ishra stuck her tongue out and I shook my head at them. "Com'on guyz, we have to hurry. We have hardly an hour." That got their attention. The both stood up and started gathering the bags. I bit my lip to prevent myself from laughing. "Why are you just sitting there? Get up." And that was it I bursted into laughter. "I can't believe we fell for that." I heard Afan's annoyed voice and burst into another fit of laughter.

Getting up I controlled my laughter which turned into chuckle. "Okay okay, let's go. Or we'll definitely get late." Picking up my bag we made our way to wards the car. We had approximately one and a half hour to pack and leave. We hurriedly got in the car and afan started the car.

After fifteen minutes of Afan's killer driving and ishra and I's yelling and praying to Allah for safe journey we made it back......in one piece, I might just add.

................

After an hour I was fully packed and ready to go. Just as I finished fixing my hijab the bedroom door opened and in came Ryan. He stopped once he was in and turned to me. "How was your shopping?" He asked now coming towards me. I gulped and looked him through the mirror. He was right behind me and I could feel the heat coming from him. I stiffened when his arms wrapped around my waist.

He looked me through the mirror and frowned. "Are you still angry with me?" I thought about his words. Was I angry with him? I didn't know. I shook my head and tried to get free. I wasn't still used to him being all touchy. His hold tightened, "then stop resisting." I got still in his arms as we got engulfed in a peaceful silence. Then I remembered, "you said earlier, you wanted to tell me something." I mummerd. His frown deepened and he looked in the distant. "Yes, but now is not the time. We'll talk later. Right now, let's talk about us." Meeting his eyes through the mirror I raised my brow. "Us?" I asked bluntly.