chapter 2

Alishba dress....in media...couldn't load it in previous chapter....

Alishba pov:

I was listening attentively as Maher told me how he was planning to ask me to marry him and how he had to convince everyone to help him. By the end I was dumbstruck, my mouth hanging open as I looked Maher. He was smiling at me affectionately the one I used to thought about but now here it is. I snapped out of my thoughts when he held my chin and tugged it upwards. I blinked and looked at him.

"You will catch flies if you leave your mouth open." He chuckled making heat crept to my cheek. "So now that it's all settled, we should begin the ceremony." My father interrupted our staring contest. I stood up and walked to him. He pulled me in a hug which I returned. I looked up to him and smiled. "My little princess is all grown up. I can't believe you'll be getting married." He looked me with glistening eyes. I frowned and then smiled. "Papa, I'm not married yet. I'm just going to engage. I love you."

I gave him a quick hug and back away before I could burst into tears. "I wish mama would be here." I smiled sadly at my father. His face grimaced and his eyes darkened. "I wish that too. But there's no interfering in Allah's work. But she will always be there with you." I nodded and smiled at Maher who held my hand and guided me to the place of ceremony. Honestly, I was beyond happy. It was those moments when you give up and suddenly you get new hope. Yeah, you feel me. I was feeling it. Never in my dreams I thought of Maher loving me. And yet here I was with Maher by my side and getting engaged. It was the best feeling.

Maher held my hand and slid the ring on my finger. I almost fainted because it felt too good to be true. He smiled at me the one that made my heart flutter. I smiled automatically.

This was the best day of my life.

Later that day we discussed the wedding.

"So, it's done. You are going to get married next month." Papa looked me with glassy eyes making a tear ran down my eyes. I hugged him and heard him sniff.

...................

One week before wedding:

There's only one week left in my wedding and things had been depressing and hectic.

Yesterday, I was sitting in the cafe with my best friend Fatimah and someone gave me flowers with a note that said:

For my bride-to-be.
R-

I was really shocked for a moment. And honestly I was mad that Maher lied to me about his name. It was funny later when he told me it was his real name and his name doesn't start with R. I didn't tell him or anyone well except Fatima because she was with me every time, most of the time. I didn't want others to worry especially papa. But these few days he was kind of off mood like depressed and sad. I tried to ask him but he would just wave it of saying he is missing mom. Of course I didn't buy it. Because it was not the sadness he felt when he missed mom.

These whole prank thingy was getting on my nerve. Most nights I could feel a presence In  My room and almost every morning there would be a rose with an annoying note with some name initial R. Today it said..

Few more days before I'll have you.
Good morning...
R-

I really contemplated telling it to dad but seeing his mood this morning I choose not to.