chapter 9

Assam o alaiykum....hi......hope your enjoying your day. .....I'm so excited........but I've a lot to do....my mom's heart patient, her main wall is narrowed ....she'll have an operation In Shaa Allah a successful one.....but that just just not all....she suffered from severe stroke and epilepsy attack in May.....and it was the most agonizing thing I have to witness......I'd seen her from the first symptom to when she started having fits all in 24 hour......I seriously thought I lost her.....had it been my neighbours. ...Allah bless them.....they helped a lot.....supported us.....anyway...thanks Allah she's recovering.....pray for her....

Anyways enjoy the chapter.........

Alishba pov:

It felt like the world stopped and all there is me and Maher. It felt like time turned back to when I first realized I loved him. I wanted to run to him and hug him. I want to tell him how Much I love him. I took a step forward towards him. A small smile making its way on my face. It felt like when he proposed me. He proposed me. He said he loves me. But not like that. Realization hit me and I stopped in my track. My smile dropped and instead turned into frown. Maher must have seen my expression because he looked me with a frown too. What was I thinking? I turned towards Afan and crossed my arms. "What is he doing here?" I gestured towards maher with my head. Afan frowned clearly not getting the sudden change of attitude. "What do you mean 'what is he doing here'?" I rolled my eyes. Of course he didn't knew that his friend doesn't love me like that. "Why would you bring him here? I thought this is family reunion."

It hurt me to say those words because Maher was family. But he should know the pain he caused me. "Young lady, this is no way to talk. Maher is also a part of our family."  My father scold me. I looked him with blank expression. We had a staring competition and only blinked when Maher cleared her throat behind me. I stepped away and decided to go to ishra. All this was starting to give me headaches. I turned and walked away. "I'm going to ishra." I said but before I could make it to the door I was stopped. "Can I talk to you, Alishba? Please!" Maher pleaded.

For a second I almost gave in. Key word almost. Closing my eyes I exhaled and then turned with a raised brow. "Why should I?" I know I'm - being bitch but he hurt me. Imagine your love telling you he loves you and then BAM he says he doesn't love you like that. We were going to get married for heaven sakes. "Sis, this is no way to talk. He's your best friend." Afan interrupted this time. Looking towards him I gave him a hard look. "You knew nothing so stay out of it." Afan eyes widen probably because how I snapped at him. "Alishba, what happened to you? Have you forgotten your manners?" Dad was now standing in front of me. I looked away. I can't believe myself. I don't even know what I'm saying. It's just the pentup anger. "Apologize to Afan and Maher." I huffed and looked Afan. "I'm sorry Afan. I shouldn't have snapped at you." Afan nodded his eyes softening. My eyes did too. I turned towards door making my way out of this room. It was suddenly suffocating me.

"Ali-" "I don't want to talk to him papa." I cut papa and turned again but again interrupted. "You don't have to talk. Just listen." I stopped at my dad's voice and waited. My fist clenched and my jaw too. I counted to ten and said through gritted teeth. "Fine follow me." Without waiting for reply I left not seeing if he was or wasn't following me. I made my way to the balcony near my room and went in the balcony. Motioning towards the seat I took the opposite one. I averted my gaze and looked at the secenery. It just take my breath away every time I see it.

"Uh-sorry?" I heard Maher said well more like asked. I raised a brow at him and frowned. "Sorry about what exactly." I crossed my arms. He rubbed the back of his neck. "You know about-uh what I said that day." I snort unladylike. But who said I was a lady. "Yeah right." He was pleading me with his eyes. Rolling my eyes I huffed. No matter what I still love him and care for him. "Okay fine. I forgive you." I stood up and walked towards the railings. I could feel his stare burning hole in my back. A few minutes later I felt his presence behind me. "I really do love you." He whispered behind me making me jump and step back in fright. I turned and to my surprise he was really close. He was gazing me with a faint smile. His eyes twinkling in the moonlight. For a moment I thought everything was fine. That I wasn't kidnapped and Maher didn't say he didn't love me like that. But the reality hit me. Like that. Those two words became my nightmare. I snorted and he gazed me confused.