chapter 8

Bonjour every one......hehehe....I hope you'll like it......enjoy...grandpa mansion....😍😍😍I wish I could have one.....

Alishba pov:

My ears were aching with all the talking ishra done. For whole two hours she kept bickering about grandpa was. What could we do and stuff like that. Ryan on the other hand looked unaffected. Quiet, to be precise. I had fallen asleep after that and now I woke up to someone shaking me. I opened my eyes and looked to see ishra eyes twinkling. "We're here." She literally squealed ' n my ears. Damn, this girl's loud. I covered my ears. "Calm down ishra." I told to which she sheepishly sat back in the seat. I looked in front of me. My jaw on  the ground. It wasn't grandpa house. It was grandpa mansion. It was stoned mansion with stoned driveway. There was a cute fountain in the front of the mansion so you had to go around it to get to the front. It was beautiful. Even more beautiful then Ryan and I. (Okay, so I'm confuse here whether it's Ryan and I or me and Ryan or mine and ryan. Correct me please.)

Funny how I called it my place. Anyways Ryan parked in front of the mansion. Ishra was the first I e to get out and tap my window. I rolled my eyes and got out. She practically dragged me in mansion making me stumble a little on stairs. ONce in front of the gate she punched in the pincode. I didn't see it because I was buddy admiring my surrounding. I felt a presence behind me and presume it would be Ryan. The door opened and we went in. "Grandpa, we're home." Ishra yelled. It was a mansion for heaven sake. He probably couldn't hear it.

I was again in awe. In front of us wwre stairs with red carpet. The floor was spotless marble work. A beautiful chandelier was hanging above us. There were two hallways on either side but we took the stairs. I really wanted to see those hallways but I guess later. The stairs expanded into two one on left and the other on right. But they connected above so it doesn't matter which one you take. We went through left. There was a living room in front of us. And again two hallways. We turned right  ishra stood in front of big wooden door. Ishra knocked and opened the door after hearing a faint come in. As we stepped in we were greeted by strong scent of lavender. I always liked lavender. It reminds me of old people like grandparents. I had non so the smell of lavender had always soothed me. As it did now, my stomach was in knots. I don't even know why I was nervous. When I know for a fact that I won't be staying here for long. Yeah yeah, I know I said I have no reason to escape but I pondered over it. I don't want a love less marriage. I decided that I'll runaway far and then send divorce paper. He'll sign it and ta-daily, I'll be free. I tried not to show the giddiness.

"Glad, you could make it." A deep voice caught my attention. I turned towards the voice and saw a man probably in his eighties. But his face doesn't show the the aging. Both ishra and ryan went to him and the oldman I guess grandpa hugged them. "Asslam o aliykum (peace be upon you), grandpa. How are you?" Ishra beamed. That girl is seriously looks like a grandpa girl. I mentally snort. Grandpa girl? Is it even a word. Grandpa eyes turned to me as he studied me. His face serious. "And you must be Maria." He motioned for me to come forward. I frowned. Maria? Who's she? I stepped forward glancing at both siblings. They were shaking their heads. My gaze landed on the elderman and I shook my head too. "You're probably mistaken, I'm not Maria. I'm Alishba." 

His eyes widen and he nodded glancing towards his grandchildren. Who were standing with their arms crossed. The old man flashed them an innocent smile. And I felt like there's something huge I'm missing. "My apologies, this man's getting old." He gestured towards himself. I nodded and gave a small smile. "It's okay, sir." I didn't quite know what to call him so I called him sir. He chuckled and came closer. I was staring at him. Was it odd and strange that I find him like father. I mean they look quite alike. He had same eyes like my father and ryan. Light brown with red flecks. And they shared the same nose. And not to forget the hair colour. Same brown with a little grey here and there however, he has more grey than papa. I shook my head. They probably never heard of each other and Here I was thinking they looked alike. A lot of people looked alike. "Call me Grandpa, you're my granddaughter too." I nodded confused but decided to let it go.