Chapter 4

“Addie, kiss me.”

            I hear those words slip from Danielle’s lips and I stare at her for a moment. I lean in slowly as she does too. Our lips are literally an inch away…

            “Addison!” I hear Coach B’s voice. I lift my head up from the desk and wipe my eyes. That was a dream?! Ugh! He throws the nerf ball at my head and I catch it as it bounces off. “Don’t fall asleep in my class.” He says and I throw the ball back to him. I lean back in my chair crossing my arms.

            I see two girls looking at me weirdly and I raise my eyebrow. “Do you have a problem?” I ask.

            They laugh at me and turn back around in their seats. What the hell? People can be really rude here.

            It’s been almost a week since Danielle really talked to me. I asked if she needed rides and she took my offer. But she won’t really talk to me. It’s starting to worry me. She’s the one that insinuated the kiss.

            I finally hear the bell ring to go to the next class. I pack up my stuff and leave the classroom. Someone pushes me up against the locker and that’s right when I get pissed off. I turn around and see who pushed me. It was one of the girls that were looking at me weirdly in the class room.

            “What’s your problem?” I say staring in her eyes angrily.

            “Stop messing with my girl Bridgette.”

            I stare at her raising my eyebrow. Who the hell is she telling me not to mess with Bridgette? Bridgette is the one messing with me.

            “You’re ‘girl’ Bridgette messes with me, so don’t fucking touch me again!” I start to walk away and she grabs my arm. I turn around and she punches me in the face. I blink for a moment and stare her down. “Don’t fuck with me!” She starts to get angry and pushes me. I push her back and punch her in the face. And that’s when she starts beating the shit out of me. I hear people yelling and I push her away punching her in the face. I see Danielle running over and she starts to break up the fight between me and this chick. A teacher comes over angry.

            “Girls! Girls! Go to the office!” She yells at us and I keep my eyes on the bitch that hit me.

            The teacher grabs both of our arms and escorts us to the office. She tells us to sit down as she goes into the principals’ office and tells him that we were in a fight. I stare at the ground crossing my arms. She shouldn’t have knocked me in the face. I didn’t do anything.

            The teacher leaves the office and the principal calls our names. I look at the girl. She better go first. She gets up and starts to walk into the principals’ office and I follow behind her.

            “Sit down.” He demands us. And I sit down, so does the chick.

            “How did this fight start?” He asks us.

            “She punched me in the face.” I blurt out. She looks at me angrily and I stare at her. Don’t give me that look.

            “Addison, tell me your side of the story first.” He looks at me and I look at him.

            “Okay. I was in Coach B’s class, and after I was woken up, I noticed her and her friend staring at me weirdly. So I asked if they had a problem. I’m tired of being treated bad because I’m new here. They turned around and laughed. After I left class, she pushed me against a locker. I asked her what’s her problem and she told me not to mess with her ‘girl’ Bridgette. I don’t mess with her ‘girl’. Her ‘girl’ messes with me. I told her not to touch me again. I walked away and when I was she grabbed my arm, I turned around, and she punched me in the face. I told her not to the f word with me. She pushed me and that’s when I pushed her and punched her in the face. She started beating the crap out of me afterwards, so I defended myself by punching her back. I was the last one to punch her. That’s when my friend Danielle broke us up and the teacher came over.”