Chapter 3

A week had passed by already. I managed to get most of the house to the way it should look. I bossed around everybody telling them where to put things. I purposely made Bryann come over from her apartment just to do this. I loved bossing everyone around.

            But now, I have to deal with going to school. Today will be the first day and I’m regretting even getting up right now.

            I sit on the edge of my bed rubbing my eyes until I can see what time it is. It’s 6:00. I groan, but make myself get up. I walk into the bathroom, and I turn the water on as I strip my clothes off. Usually I’m the first to get up, I take the shower first. Then it’s dad, and then finally Morgan. It can take 20 minutes just to get that child up. I’m always up first, because I make breakfast in the morning. My mom use to do this stuff, but now I have to, just like with decorating.

            After I got out of the shower, I did my usual thing. Blow drying hair, put clothes on, and straight my hair. I looked over at the time to see that it’s 6:30, which was right on schedule for me. I walk down the stairs as I see my dad come out of his room. He never looks pretty in the mornings.

            I walk into the kitchen and pull everything out that I’m going to cook. I start to cook it staring out the window as the sun is already starting to rise.

            “Good morning Addie.” I hear my dad say as he enters the kitchen.

            I turn my head back at him and smile. “Good morning. Sleep well?”

            “Yes. But I’m really hungry.”

            “Good thing I cook.” I say cockily and turn my attention back at the food I was preparing.

            “There’s coffee already done brewing by the way.” I say pointing at the coffee maker.

            “Thanks Addie.”

            “No problem.”

            A few minutes later Morgan walked in. She may look good now, but she’s still grumpy.

            “Good morning shortie.” I smile at her. She grumbles and sits in her chair laying her head on the table. I shake my head and get done fixing the food.

            “Food’s ready. Eat up.” I make myself a plate as I hear my dad and Morgan get up.

            I sit down at the table waiting for them to get done plating their food.

            “Do you have gymnastics today Morgan?” I look over at her as I eat.

            “Yeah. Do you have boxing?”

            “Yes. So just meet me at the truck.”

            “Okay.”

            We all talk at the table until we finish our food. Of course, my dad and sister love my food, so they thank me.

            Now it’s time to do what I hate most; leaving to school.

            “Have a good day at school Morgan.” My dad says hugging her.

            He looks at me. “Stay out of trouble Addie.”

            I raise my eyebrow. “Where’s my ‘have a good day at school’?”

            “Have a good day at school. Stay out of trouble Addison.” He smiles. I roll my eyes. “Have a good day at work Ryan.” I always say his name when he uses my name a certain way. Most of the time it’s joking.