Chapter 2

“When are you heading to the recreational center?” My dad looks up from his newspaper at the breakfast table and looks at me.

            I chew on the cereal I just put in my mouth and I swallow it.

            “I’m leaving in two hours. Why?”

            “Morgan wanted to go see if she could sign up for gymnastics.” He flips through pages of his newspaper and I groan. He raises his eyes from the newspaper and looks at me raising his eyebrows. “There a problem?” He asks.

            “I wanted to go by myself.” I move my spoon around in my bowl of cereal staring at it.

            “Addie, I can’t take her. You know she loves her gymnastics. I have to go to work in…” He looks at his watch. “Actually, right about now.” He folds his newspaper up and lays it down. He gets up and puts his bowl in the sink. I look at him as I take a bite of cereal. He turns around and walks over to me. “Just help me out. Bryann has her own place. You’re the only one to take Morgan to places.” He leans down and kisses my head. His recently shaved beard pokes at my forehead.

            “Ow dad, save your prickly beard off.” I rub my forehead.

            He chuckles and pats my upper back as he walks by me. “Bye Addison.”

            “Bye Ryan!” I yell his name at him jokingly.

            I finish eating my cereal alone in the kitchen. I get up and put my bowl in the sink. I wash both mine and my dad’s bowl. I lean against the counter putting the bowls up. I better go see if Morgan’s awake, because I’m leaving after I take a shower and get dressed.

            I walk up the stairs skipping a step; it was something I always did. I knock on Morgan’s door and press my ear against it. I don’t hear anything, so I sling open the door and it hits the wall. Morgan jumps up fast looking like a zombie with her hair all over the place. I smile big. I love being older.

            “Rise n shine!” I walk in her room opening her curtains. She puts her hands out blocking the sunlight from her face. “Oh come on, you’re not a vampire. Get up.”

            “I was sleeping!” She yells at me rubbing her face.

            “I knew that. Dad said you wanted to sign up for gymnastics. Today is the today. I’m only going today in two hours. I suggest you get ready.”

            I start walking out of her room until I feel her pillow hit the back of my head. I turn around and pick it up staring at her. “You want to play that game huh?” I ask. She stares at me scared. I smirk and throw the pillow at her. I run and jump on her bed pinning her down and tickling her to death. She starts to squirm around laughing hard begging me to stop. “Say your sorry!” I say tickling her harder.

            “I’m sorry! I’m sorry! White flag!” She says while laughing.

            I get off of her. “Thought so. I’m taking a shower. Be out in 10 shortie.” I shut her door behind her and go take a shower. After I’m done, I go into my room blow drying my hair and straightening it. I drop my towel onto the ground completely naked in my room. My door is shut. I look in my closet for something to wear. Since it’s flaming hot outside, I decide I’m going to wear shorts that go to mid-thigh and a tank top. I slip on my bra and boy shorts, then I slip on my clothes to go over them. I stare in my mirror as I put my eyeliner and mascara on.

            I hear a knock on my door. “Come in.” I say as I put my eyeliner on.

            “You ready?” Morgan asks.