Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-four

It’s been a little over a month since I talked to Micah. I started sitting by Jacob in yearbook now. It’s different now. We’ve grown apart a lot. Micah sits by himself in the corner where I used to sit next to him. He seems content. In art we don’t talk. He talks to Gregory the whole time. It’s not awkward like I imagined it to be.

Talia and Hope have been coming over a lot lately and I haven’t drawn a sign in a long time. I haven’t seen anything either. Not even Masky. I’m starting to be able to recall events again without having gaps in my memory. I’m not scared all the time anymore, just half the time. I’ve been sleeping better too. This was for the best.

Honestly I felt bad for abandoning Micah. I know I needed too, but I really disappointed him probably. It takes a lot to get into the Slendy Club, believe it or not. Tons of the freaks that are into that stuff try to get in but they just push them away. They’re very secretive about all their work and they’re always together. I wondered if Micah still had my ID.

It was Christmas break and I invited Rosalina over. We hadn’t talked much since I started becoming an introvert. I wondered if she thought I was going crazy. She wouldn’t have been wrong. I brushed my blonde hair behind my ears and walked to the fridge. Peanut butter, jelly, bread, and a knife. Check. I quickly made myself a sandwich only to hear the dogs start barking like crazy. Rosalina must be here. I shoved a sweet bite in my mouth before running over to the door to open it. Rosalina walked in smiling with her long blonde hair draped over her shoulders and a black leather jacket on. She had her Converse sneakers over her blue jeans and they were coated in snow. She kicked them off at the doorway.

“Hey girl!” She said.

“Hey.” I replied with a small smile.

“Gosh I need to pee.” She said walking into the bathroom next to my front door. I laughed a little. I’d known Rosalina forever. She just made herself at home. I plopped down on the couch with my sandwich in hand. I turned the TV on and a toilet flushed from the hall. Rosalina jumped onto the couch making me flinch a tiny bit even though I heard her the whole time. “We’re going to watch TV? How boring.” She groaned.

“Get over it women. What do you want to do?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Something exciting!” She said grinning.

“We will later. I have to catch up on these recordings.” I told her. She sighed and I shrugged taking another bite of my sandwich.

That night we went to Wal-Mart and had a great time messing with people. We took pictures of randoms and added silly captions to them. We rode the bikes around the store, I talked to some random people I didn’t even know and made them feel awkward, and we did a lot of other immature things. Rosalina held out on a lot of the activities because she was embarrassed, but that’s just how she does things. I just drag her into crazy situations and she comes along for the ride.

We ended up prank calling a lot of people that night. We stayed on the phone with that Asian Lee for awhile because Rosalina adored him. She thought he was hilarious and she would gladly make out with him even though he was two grades younger than her. I mean I didn’t blame her, he was hot and awesome. We talked about boys but my heart wasn’t in it. How could I possibly feel what I felt for Lucas with anyone else? Let alone like someone new? I knew I would eventually. I was young and had so many opportunities in front of me, but my heart hurt. I was still mourning. The case was abandoned because there were no leads. They didn’t say they abandoned it, but it was obvious they weren’t working on it anymore. Rosalina seemed pleased to be here. It was probably because I was acting normal again. She even confessed that she had begun to think I was going crazy for a bit. I laughed at that but I was secretly very annoyed by that remark. No one had wanted to be around me while I was losing my mind. I had no one. Everyone says they’ll always be there for you and you’re their best friend, but when the going gets tough they leave. I knew it was hard to be around me, I would have left too, but not if that was my best friend.