Chapter Four

Chapter four

I walked through my red front door tired and curious from the first day of school. Mom was asleep in her room like usual, and who knows where my dad was. I didn't care either. My dad and I don't really get along to well, so I was glad he wasn't here to ask me questions about school. The house seemed vacant as I walked inside. I trailed into my room and dropped my Invader Zim backpack onto the hardwood floor of my bedroom. I quickly admired my self-expressed bedroom for a few seconds before retreating into the bathroom where I observed my less vibrant hair from this morning.

"Hey Cease, how was the first day of school?" Mom asked as she came out of her room with a tired fresh look on her face from awakening from a nap.

"Good, most of the seventh graders suck, but there's one in my yearbook class named Micah, and he's pretty cool." I told her casually as I rolled on top of the coach and lied across the spine.

"Well that's good." She told me. "Any cute boys?" She asked. I blushed from embarrassment.

"No." I lied. She gave me a knowing glare and my eyes widened. "Really!" I lied again.

"Okay." She said with emphasis to show her disbelief.

"It's true." I stubbornly lied once more.

"Okay!" Mom exclaimed with a small chuckle. I laughed a short awkward laugh and then picked up the remote and rolled over onto the couch. I decided to watch my recording of Degrassi from Friday and mom let out a groan. "I hate this show." She complained.

"Oh well, I don't." I told her smiling in a matter of fact way. She sighed and got up to go watch television in her room. I fangirled through all the parts with my favorite male character in the show. I spent the rest of my night on the internet, mostly Tumblr, but also Facebook, twitter, other blogging sites. Next thing I knew I wasted my whole free time on the internet, like usual. I sighed and rubbed my eyeballs sending me into a universe of odd patterns of red. They faded away as I opened my eyes and walked around to my bedroom through my roomy kitchen and homey dining room.

I've always loved to create. The inside of my room was filled with posters of all sorts. Posters of celebrities, quotes, animals, clothes, photo shopped things, artwork my friends or I had made, and even more. There were tons of other things on my walls too such as lights, dry erase boards, cork boards, photographs, cutouts from magazines, anything that would stick pretty much. Like always though, my room was a mess. Books and laundry were thrown around on every surface you could see.

I yawned and stripped into some red plaid pajama pants and a loose oversized tony hawk tee shirt I have had ever since my dad found it washed up on shore at a lake years ago. Over the summer my friend Hope and I wrote on the back of this tee shirt with blue fabric puff paint, and made it say 'I love eating food' for a video we were making. We weren't as close as we were last year, but we'd probably hang out a lot now that school started. Thoughts of the school year prodded my head as I curled into bed and went to sleep.

I parted ways from my cousin's car, and crossed the street into the school with an excited vibe rolling off my pale skin. My hair was big and voluminous which correlated well with my black sequined tank top that had the electric blue sequined skull in the middle. Of course due to school policies, we had to have our shoulders covered so I had a lacey long cover up that came down to the belt loops of my acid washed skinny jeans. My black converse sneakers were laced up tight and I had woken up two hours earlier for my fresh look, just like I had yesterday. The first week of school was most important to look your best.

I made my way into the gym and took a seat, and I could tell some of the students were staring at me checking me out. I paid no attention to them though. I saw Micah in the center set of bleachers with his group and it was a lot bigger than the one in art. I recognized a few of them from Facebook, and one of them looked like it could be his brother. Did Micah have a twin? I noticed the two had slightly different features though, so maybe they were fraternal. His group contained roughly about ten people who seemed like the type of people to be really weird or went through school being invisible.