Chapter Nine

Chapter nine

My parents got home earlier than I thought they would have yesterday and, of course, blamed me for breaking the trampoline. So I was grounded. I got up that morning freshly rested, because I went to bed early from lack of technology. I was really good at keeping a poker face for not caring about groundings, but inside I longed for my fingers to race against any keyboard.

Dragon time was regular; just chatting with Talia, Lucas, and Jimmy. We were all be weirdoes like usual. We discussed things that would never happen, and funny things that happened to Jimmy on the bus or Lucas on Playstation. Of course they all made fun of me for what happened in third hour. I laughed along with them, but honestly it was getting annoying. The bell rang and I made my way out of the gym into the crowded hallway. I glided in and out from the people due to my short and skinny composure. I glanced at the lockers for a moment and then crashed into a hulking body. I turned away fast and backed up to see Gregory waddling down the hall passed me. “Sorry.” He murmured through an out of breath voice. He really needed to lose weight if just walking, or should I say waddling, through the hallway wore him out.

I nodded even though he was already gone and walked away. Murmurs echoed through the hallway about this and that, who’s dating who, who’s going to beat up whom, and so forth. I pushed into Mrs. Plymouth’s room through the chaotic tribe of people blocking the way near their friend’s locker. I rolled my eyes and I did so, because they were all annoying gossipy preps. Micah was already there, he always was, and seconds later Jason rolled in. He dropped his stuff on the table loudly. “Well then.” Micah said with a small laugh. Jason smiled.

“So on Call of Duty last night I totally was smoking your ass.” Jason said as he whispered the curse word. He was always so nervous about getting in trouble.

“That wasn’t me.” Micah calmly replied.

“Oh, it wasn’t? Who was it then?” Jason asked confused.

“That was Conner.” Micah said amused.

“What’s your user then?” Jason asked suddenly shocked that he had been playing with someone who he had thought was Micah.

“I’m fancy turbo one six eight.” Micah replied as if it had been obvious.

“Oh, wow you killed me like six times.” Jason told him smiling.

“Yeah, it’s my thing.” He casually said with a grin.

“Killing is your thing?” I asked amusedly.

“Yes, yes it is.” Micah replied with a broad proud smile upon his thin lips. I nodded approvingly at him and we both started laughing. Mrs. Plymouth walked in with a crossword puzzle stack of papers and plopped enough copies for the three of us on the table. She went around the room passing out the rest.

“These will be due Monday, so don’t think you can mosey on out of these!” Mrs. Plymouth squawked as she held eyes with Jillian Kite, who was known as the ditzy blonde in the class.

“What?” She exclaimed with a huge grin on her face in her nasally voice.

“Oh you know what.” Mrs. Plymouth murmured as she pointed her fingers to her eyeballs and make at Jillian. Jillian and her table mates laughed a bit. Mrs. Plymouth swished her thick brown hair around and glared at me. “Oh, she thinks I’m kidding.” She told me with a sinister laugh and sat down at her desk. Micah and I laughed a little at that statement and began working on the crossword. Well I did, so did Jason, not so much Micah. He sat there and fiddled with his pencil and chewed on his hoodie ties. The crossword was just over our vocabulary for the yearbook, but that didn’t say a lot due to the fact there was like a million vocabulary words.