Chapter Six

Chapter six

Fleur busted out laughing at my statement. I joined her in a fit of giggles. She ran her fingers through her dirt brown hair as she began to catch her breath again. “The new wolf pack!” She exclaimed smiling.

“Yeah, they’re obsessed over some stupid video cast that’s supposed to be creepy!” I exclaimed to her.

“Have you watched all of them?” She asked me quizzically. I rolled my eyes with a grimace attached to my pale face and Caribbean sea blue eyes.

“No, they’re stupid and fake. I’m not going to start that crap.” I told her with my grimace still sitting upon my face. She laughed.

“What are they about?” She asked me as she straightened out her blue sparkly tee shirt from Justice in the mall.

“I don’t know, just some dude being stalked by the Slender Man.” I told her uncaring with a yawn. She nodded and I hopped off her orange and blue comforter onto the hardwood floor, and made my way through her messy room out the door.

I opened the fridge and took out a yogurt and peeled off the lid revealing the white creamy substance which I shoveled into my mouth. They say you shouldn’t eat late at night, but I never gained weight, so I didn’t care. It had began to rain and I could hear the droplets banging on my medal roof above. I walked through the dining room with the mahogany table and chairs, into the laundry room where the garage door was at. I opened the garage door and glanced around the messy tool covered layout and stuck up my nose at the scent coming from the garbage can right next to me in the garage.

“Blossom!” I called sweetly for my cat, which surely wouldn’t be out in the rain. She hated water. I glanced up at the shelf that held the garage’s television and my cat’s bed but it was abandoned. The top of the trucks showed no sign of my cat either on their orange and tan roofs. The work bench where her food was kept was not surrounded by a hunched over cat gnawing at her food. I shrugged and walked back inside the house past the washer, dryer, dog washing sink, and eighties freezer we kept in that room. I kept thinking about my miserable cat stuck in the rain. It kept pondering the back of my mind. I knew I should be getting to bed, but I couldn’t leave Blossom in the cold rain!

I marched into my room and swung open my cluttered white closet door and pulled off a stray large hoodie from a hanger on the top rack where I hung my jackets. I pulled it over my tank top and then marched back out into the garage, where I exited through the back door. The rain was coming down hard and I looked around underneath my houses overhang that was located right out the back door that we kept our lawnmower, four wheelers, sleds, and ATV under, but Blossom wasn’t sitting underneath or on any of those things. I groaned at how complicated this was beginning to become, and headed out into the pounding rain. I walked around the left corner past the large hill of rocks and dirt we had in our yard, and clambered up the driveways steep hill to check if she was perched in between one of the two boulders we had situated up at the entrance for decoration. My shoes were already caked in mud and grass as when I got up there to find nothing, so I made my way back down and to the right where my trampoline and swimming pool were.

I checked underneath the pool deck where there were nothing but foam noodles and rafts. She wasn’t underneath the patio gazebo either, nor underneath the trampoline, so I decided I’d go back inside. I walked back around the far end of my house through the wet muddy ground. It was pitch black outside except for the gleam of the television through the living room window. I lost my footing while concentrating on the windows light and my feet twisted and churned in the muddy residue underneath them. Before I knew it I threw my arms up in the air to break my fall as I rolled down my steep backyard hill and clambered into a huge boulder bordering the backyards rushing creek due to the rain. I laid there for a second regenerating breath that had been knocked out of me from my collision. Rain crashed down onto my face and I was covered in mud, water, grass, and pebbles. I sat up, but my clothes were weighing me down so I had to fight to sit up. It felt like I had an extra eighty pounds on me.

I brushed back my flimsy wet bangs and pulled myself back up to my feet. Seconds later I heard a small mew come from behind and I turned around to see Blossom’s eyes gleaming from the reflections coming from the window as she trotted down the rock hill. She began making her way toward me mewing every once in a while. She was about eight feet away from me when I heard a huge WHOOSH through the trees from the intense wind followed by a few loud crunches of tree branches and leaves. I ran over startled, and scooped up Blossom like a baby and carried her up the hill back into the house from the backdoor.

I walked into my room, sat her down, and hopped into the shower. The warm water felt good on my grimy skin. I was probably in there until eleven thirty. I knew I’d be tired in the morning, but I wasn’t going to go to bed soaked and covered in mud. I turned off the water, grabbed the pink fluffy towel, and slipped on my clothes after drying off. I parted my hair quickly making sure to put in the leave in conditioner so my hair wouldn’t be frizzy in the morning, turned off all the lights, and literally jumped into bed turning off my light with my remote.

I fell asleep so quickly that night from exhaustion. My head spun as I sat up to my alarm going off. I rubbed my eyes and looked around to see nothing. My room was pitch black. I fumbled around my cluttered bed in search for my light remote. With no luck I threw my feet onto the ground and shuttered from the chill that rose up from the floor. It felt like ice going through my veins. I lifted my hands up to my arms in an attempt to warm myself, but it didn’t do a lick of good. I stood up and made my way to the bathroom door across the room.

I held out my arm to turn the silver door knob but my knuckles collided with solid wall. My hands spread across the wall searching for the door. Where was it? I walked back to my bed to take a different approach but into another wall. I could have sworn my bed was just here! My head began to spin with confusion and I could feel the fear chemicals mass producing in my brain waves. Frantically I ran around my room at full speed actually hoping to run into something! Nothing. Nothing was in my room. In fact I didn’t even know if this was my room. My eyes began to dart around my room catching nothing but darkness. My breathing was regular but my heart was pounding and my legs felt like I was about to jump off a bridge. They were shaky and I didn’t know where the hell I was!

“Help!” I shouted at the top of my lungs. “Someone help me!” I shouted again with tears streaming down my face as I pounded on the wall behind me. I felt cold hands on my shoulders behind me. My body tensed up and my posture became straight. My breath was caught in my throat. The long bony cold fingers grasped my shoulders tight and uncomfortably now. One hand let loose and I began to get my hope back way to fast then I should have. The hand whipped back around faster than a racecar around my neck pulling me back with force. My hair whipped back forcefully and I felt the oxygen in my lungs unable to make its way through my trachea. The fingers around my neck and my shoulder felt as if they were dislocating or breaking my bones. Then I lost feeling and I was out.