Chapter fifty-one

Chapter fifty-one

            I was given back my old office, despite the fact that Tina’s blood stain remains to me, as sick as it sounds; I will always have a part of Tina with me. Everything seemed normal at work. Within a few months Naomi had her first child. A boy,

“Aww, Oh My God, Naomi he is precious!” I gawked at the first picture of the boy.

“He has blue eyes!” Naomi gasped. “We named him Andrew Marshall…” she said. I smiled brightly feeling tears go down my face.

I chuckled, “That is a beautiful fine name for a boy…” I was to be the godmother; Alex Naomi’s brother will be the godfather.

            The next few months, Marshall needed me less and less at night. Only the first three he needed me the most. One day I went to the facility, not expecting anything unusual, only to see Marshall still struggling like he is. I began to think he was recuperating and this was going to be my new husband. It has gotten warmer out, the trees have started to show buds, and flowers have started to bloom from the ground.

            “Hello, beautiful…” he said wrapping his arms around me, kissing me, as I waited for him in his room.

“Well…” I said startled. He looked different. His body was toned, his face looked the perfect bill of health; he glowed. He looked incredible and left me speechless.

“Honey…” I said. He smiled, chuckling. “Do I look like old Marshall?” he raised his eye brows.

“I think I need some work on the gluts though…” he said turning his head to his butt.

I laughed, standing up, examining him in amazement. It was like magic. I circled him a few, remembering how toned his body was compared to the last year. It scared me and yet thrilled me.

            “Marshall…” I said breathlessly, touching his cheek, it did not feel sweaty it felt smooth and he smelled wonderful, almost like a rose.

“Marshall…” my bags dropped to the floor, not minding the thud they made; I took Marshall’s cheeks into my palms and kissed him. Marshall embraced me in his arms, pressing his lips deep into mine.

“Oh honey” I moaned hugging him tightly. I felt strings of tears come from my eyes. I had my husband back. He glowed practically.

            Within the next day, Marshall was himself again. “Honey don’t worry about folding shit just throw it in the bag…” he said collecting all his work from the desk.

“Wow, that’s a lot of work…” I said, pulling my pants up. I glanced at some of the lyrics reading his small handwriting.

“Rap God?” I questioned. Marshall chuckled, “Yeah, it’s so long!” He said. I smiled placing a kiss on him. “You are a rap God.”

            Marshall was gawking at everything as if it was his first time seeing the trees in bloom.

“It feels great to see a highway a different cars…I must’ve walked that courtyard a thousand times!” He said looking up at the ceiling. He expected to see the kids standing at the front door because he had his face to the glass window.

“They are inside waiting!” I said. Marshall jumped out of the car and got to his knees. He grabbed the dirt in between his fingers and started kissing it.

“Home!” He shouted. “Home!” “Sweet home!” he screamed.

            “Daddy!” Laney shouted running outside and into Marshall’s arms. Her jeans got covered in dirt.

“Hailie, Ronnie! Dad’s home!” Whitney shouted inside the house rushing out as she was putting her coat on. She too, got all muddy as she got on her knees to huge her father. Hailie scrambled putting Ronnie’s coat on as they rushed to Marshall. Marshall kissed them multiple times and did not stop hugging them.

            I was overwhelmed by the homecoming for Marshall. Streams of tears came down my eyes. For the first time in months I felt everything was back to normal for sure. Everything was going to be fine. As much as I hated to do it I got to my knees, into the yucky mud ruining my pants and hugged my family. I was proud of myself, as a mother and wife, I’ve gotten us through such turmoil then I thought that my family was meant to be. My life with Marshall was meant to be. I was now at peace.

Marshall’s P.O.V

            I was overjoyed by the kids’ welcoming me home. I felt pretty foolish though, I was knee deep in mud. Yet I didn’t care. I was home. My family was here, and I had them all in my arms.

“Daddy! Daddy! Can we play chess?” Ronnie exclaimed.

I chuckled, “We can do anything you want, kiddo!” I said. We played chess for hours together. Everything was right where I remembered.

“Come on dad, time is money!” Ronnie exclaimed.

“You don’t even have a job where-where is the money?” I asked.

“Don’t even have a job and can’t even spell time!” I said moving my chess piece.

            It felt amazing tucking in my son into bed and being able to take him to school; to give Natalia a break.

“I love you” I said kissing Ronnie. I took a quick shower, not have to worry about closing my eyes to imagine my own bathroom. I took in everything from the dust particles to the aromas of every room. I was home. I was really home.

            I changed in my room, putting on my socks and boxers, enjoying the nice spring air from the windows.

“Oh My God…” Natalia said, putting the volume up on the TV. Too my shock, Kim was being taken to jail. It did not startle me, although I felt guilty about it. I do owe her for doing what she did for Natalia. I tried not to pay attention the the TV.

“Taken to jail on murder charges…” I heard. It did not settle with me right. It did not settle with Natalia neither since she turned the TV off.

            I climbed into bed, placing a kiss on Natalia’s cheek. She looked as though she was in deep thought; she had something on her mind.

“Baby…”

“hmm, yeah, uh right…bedtime” she said, startled. She scrambled under the covers.

I curled my arm around her, holding her close to me.

“Baby…what really happened?” I asked, desperate but scared shit for the answer.

She turned on her back, “No more secrets…” It was true. I was utterly speechless.

“Oh God…” I muttered.

“I did it for the family and you…if not…I would be back in Jersey with Ronnie” she said.

“It is not to be mentioned again…” although I was terrified, my wife was not a killer.

“I did it out of self-defense, I did it for us” she chocked.

“Shh, shh…I know…its ok” I said, “let’s just leave it behind us now…”

She smiled, “I agree…” kissing me. It oddly stinged, it felt familiar. I gently kissed her back, feeling my body tingle.

            She did not heisitate to kiss me back. Her lips digged into mine, until I was on top of her, feeling her was like the time she came home from her long trip. Time seemed to stop. The air was thick with a sense of magic that only we know what it is. And as loved my wife in every way, I felt my life coming back together. All the emotions in me became one and I was happy. My body began shaking as I looked at Natalia, and I was happy because of her. I never knew that one person could bring so much joy in my life.

“I love you…” I numbly said.

“I love you too…”

A Few Months Later….