Chapter twelve

Chapter twelve

            I woke early the next morning in Marshall’s arms. I was back in reality; last night was increadable, I thought. I found myself cuddled under Marshall’s arms as he slowly and quietly breathed on me. He looked so peaceful but I had to wake him up. I softly kissed his stiff lips. He groaned a little as he began to open his eyes.

            “Good morning” I whispered, hoarsely. “Good morning” he groaned back kissing my temple. He pulled my naked body towards his,

“No more” I said. “Mm, after last night…I’ll be good for weeks” he chuckled. He pulled my body towards his.

            “The kids are still with my mom” said Marshall. “Yes” I chuckled, “do you wanna grab some breakfast?”

“I can cook it” I insisted. “No, I want us to catch up”. It didn’t seem like a bad idea at all, it’s the public I’m worried about. I agreed with Marshall.

--

            We went to the local pancake shop. Marshall loved that place, “mm” Marshall said sipping his coffee. I chuckled, “Oh I miss Detroit coffee”.

“Ha, you sound like my father” I said examining the menu.

“Detroit coffee and New Jersey coffee are too different” Marshall said. “Too me, it makes my stomach go inside out, taste nasty and gives me the jitters” I said.

            After we order our breakfast we began to talk. Marshall fiddled around with my finger tips and my wedding ring. “I never take it off” I said.

“I hope not”

“Not even to shower” I said. He began to eaimine the ring but it didn’t phase me.

            “Ronnie is thinking about taking up chess” I said, Marshall chuckled a little.

“Now I can’t see him playing chess…I see him getting dirty in the mud playing with a football” Marshall said.

“Well, mommy would rather see him say ‘check mate’ than ‘oww, my leg’” I said. Marshall chuckled a little more; still playing with my ring.

            “Whatever he is happy with…I’ll even play with him” said Marshall. “It’s a little difficult to do but Ronnie seems to have the hang of it” I said.

“If our son can do it…so can I” Marshall mumbled.

            “Oh, umm…” I trailed off, not knowing what to say. “What is it, sweetie?” Marshall questioned.

“Hailie has a boyfriend” I said Marshall’s head pop up as he looked at me; shocked. “Honey…” I said, afraid he might pass out on me.

“Honey she is almost in her early twenties and she is a respectful, responsible young lady” I said, putting my hand on his.

            Sweat began to pour from Marshall’s face as he removed his cami hat. “It’s not that…it’s the boy I’m worried about…she is a baby, Talia” Marshall said.

“In your eyes she is still five years old and still playing with dolls…to the world she is a young adult who can handle herself…I’m worried too but we got to trust her to make the right descions” I said. Marshall sighed, wipping the sweat from his face.

            “Did you meet him?” Marshall questioned, “She only been dating him for two days” I said. Marshall took a deep breathe,