Chapter Forty

Chapter forty

            She came as a friend as she put it, not willing to start any trouble. She had convince me that my family was in grave danger and that she has answers to my questions about the covers of the pass year’s magazines. She had the answer that if Marshall was using or not.

“How can I trust you?” I asked. Feeling as if, she has been stalking me or if she was the one writing them, she sighed sharply, almost annoyed.

            She went into her large purse and took out a rolled up magazine. “Listen, Newark Princess…this just doesn’t concern just you and Marshall it also concerns, Hailie…my daughter!” she said shoving the magazine of Hailie in my hands. I exaimed the crumbled magazine all the pages were torn out expect the story about Hailie.

            “You and I can stop this!” she said. I looked up at her, confused and afraid. “Either you are with me or against me…” she said. I looked at the magazine again.

“I may not like you and you may not like me, but this concerns my daughters and my niece and pretty soon your son!” she said. The thought of Ronnie, being in a dire situation gave me an unsettling feeling.

            “You…you know who is writing this?” I asked. She sighed, “I know who, I know why and I know ninety percent of that bull shit is fake!” She said, pointing to the magazine. At first I thought it was her, but there could be no possible way she could of done all of this.

“Come with me and I will explain the whole situation…” she said. Being in a car with her, alone turned my insides out. I could never do that. I don’t trust this women.

            I looked at her confused almost willing to shut the door. “Natalia, please trust me, I’m sorry for whatever I did to you and the family…I just got so jealous that somehow, someone gave Marshall the love and affection that he needs and deserves. I just tried so hard and he wouldn’t budge no matter how much I showed back to him…” Her face read severely sincere and I let my guard down.

“Alright.”

            As I got dressed to go out on this mission with Kim, I felt a beacon of hope for us. I was still confused though. I caught Marshall with a bottle of Advil in his hands. He came out of the bathroom rubbing his head, still half naked.

“Ow…” he moaned. I searched franticly for decent clothes to wear. I threw on my Newark hoodie that with black with gold letters and a pair of jeans.

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I think I’m coming down with something I was sweating a lot last night…” “Did you take anything?” I asked.

“No…I’m ok now…” he said, putting on sweatpants.

            “Um, listen…” I said trying to come up with an excuse to give Marshall if I’ll be gone long.

“Mr.Tweed…um…asked me to come in for the police to ask me some questions…I probably will be gone most of the day…” I said, “Could you watch, Ronnie” I asked.

“Yeah…I’ll take him out for the day…a little fresh air will do us good” he said.

“Good.” I sighed, wrapping my arms around Marshall’s neck hold him close. He gripped me and pulled me close to him.

            We stayed like that for a few, placing a few kisses on his lips, “I promise you everything will be ok…” I whispered.

“I know…” he whispered back. His blue eyes were warn and almost dilated, threatening to show some tears.