Chapter thirty-nine

Chapter thirty-nine

Marshall’s P.O.V

            I sat for hours in the bathroom in the tub, wiping my tears from my face. I was emotionally confused and in general confused. My chest feels like I’ve been screaming for hours. I was tired and thirty. Eventually with my clothes on, I turned on the shower feeling the refreshing cold water hit my head and face. For another hour I sat like that.

            After turning off the shower and bandaging my hand from smashing the mirror earlier before, I sat puzzled on the toilet. The urges were unbearable at this point; I was going to give in. I had nothing to live for, with two Advil in my hands, I scraft it down my throat. Feeling as if I was beaten, once again Marshall Mathers has been beaten.

            My cell-phone began to vibrate on the sink, at first I ignored it, and then it vibrated again. I answered it,

“Hello”

“Marshall, its mom what the hell happened with you and Talia?” she asked. How did my mom know?

“Did…Talia tell you?”

“No, her mother did…what the hell is wrong with you! Have you lost your mind!” she said.

“Mom, please…” I said, frustrated.

            “That women has done nothing to you! She loves you too much to do something like that” she said. After she has calmed down and I was able to explain my side of the story, she gave me the first motherly advice I could ever use.

“I think this was a big misunderstanding…instead of yelling at her, with the short fuse you have, why don’t you talk to her! Natalia has that look…the look only someone who loves you has…”

            “What look, ma?” I asked, “The way she looks at you…” she said. After getting off the phone with my mother, I started to think to myself, about the look. Thinking over the years how Natalia has looked at me, with that special glow she has. When she smiles in front of me, when she sits next to me, and even when she cuddles at night with me.

“That look is very rare with people, it means they have found their soul mate” my mother explained.

            What have I done? I thought to myself, putting my head into my hands. The look on her face when I screamed at her will haunt me forever. She curled up so tightly and her eyes read fear. And when I grabbed her as if I was going to smash her head into the mirror, what kind of monster am I? I could’ve killed the mother of my child! The thought lead me to cry hysterically.

“Oh God…” I cried, “I’m sorry baby” thinking she could probably hear me. I will admit I do have a problem, and tomorrow I will talk to her about it. That is if she forgives me. I wouldn’t be surprised.

            My phone jingled, signaling it was a text message, It was an unknown number, and in bold letters it read…

YOU DON’T DESERVE HER!

Pressing my fingers deep into the digits writing back to leave her alone and to fuck off, it was then the message could not be sent. Natalia was telling the truth. She wasn’t cheating on me then. How could I be so stupid? Realizing the Advil was taking affect; I quickly pick up the toilet seat and started hacking it up. Eventually, along with anything else in my stomach the Advil was up. I would be begging for Natalia’s forgiveness for life!

            Nervously walking into the bed, seeing her lie almost lifeless, scaring me until I saw her arm go under the pillow. Her other arm was wrapped around a photo of the family; slowly I took it out of her arms and placed it on the mantel. I kneeled on the bed, wrapping my arms around her, kissing her softly.