Chapter Five

"I knew it," my mom skipped the hello and her eyes wandered over my body. It was covered by a thin, almost transparent shirt that was tugged into my denim shorts and accompanied by sandals three feet tall. My hair and makeup was a bit bushy-ish after the kiss with Drake, but I knew I was reeking of alcohol and had no way of explaining myself out of this one.

"I knew better than to trust you, I knew my daughter was a whore," my mom hissed and she stood up from where she was leaned on my table. She crossed her arms, hands rubbing her biceps as if she was cold. And she looked cold. Cold in her eyes, her voice. She was freezing. She laid frost on my heart and I felt it pump the coldness all over me. I wanted to run again, to not be there, at that dark room with my mom shaking with the same frost that wrapped me up.

"You know what girls at your age do where I grew up?" Madre shook her head. "They are married, they have kids, they clean after themselves, they are obedient. You don't know anything, you always disappoint me. Why?" Her voice raised a dark octave as her arms flew helplessly around her. "Do you want your mother to hate you, is that it? Look at this place, this garbage. And now you sneaked out and you thought I wouldn't notice?"

I felt my gut splat with the acid inside and I thought it turned to poison because it burned by fear. I was scared. I winced as her feet came closer, her hands lining every word of her. But I was also empty, really empty.

"Why are you like this, what do you want us to do? Huh? I am so ashamed. And you reek of alcohol, and those clothes, god, Maria, why?"

She used that name and I knew I was done for.

Honestly, those kids crying about how their parents beat them, I don't get it. How they described it, it sounds just like my own parents. But it doesn't hurt, or it does physically, but not enough to call the fucking cops. They seemed soft, so weak, those kids were so innocent a slap to their cheek was enough to tick them off and call 911. But it was strange as my mom pushed me on the bed, screaming, cursing, I never thought that this could actually hurt someone. Since I was pretty empty and I was glad for it, I just waited till it was over. I don't know if I was like those kids, but my parents were just...they got mad. And I don't really care how they reacted as long they got the anger out of their system, and if I had to be the one to trigger all the hate inside them so they could pour it out, so be it. I loved my parents and they work hard everyday and I'd be an ungrateful bitch if I didn't see that. But they were human beings and got angry and they didn't know how to react. Though I don't make them mad intentionally, I wouldn't mind enduring all that hate as long as they are content. And as long as there's a tomorrow, I thought, I'd be fine. This was nothing. I still have school where everyone I love was. Tonight may be bad, but it was good too. Really good. And my mom would forget, her anger would vanish after some time. Then I was good to go and could do whatever I wanted.

I thought about all that and didn't even notice my mom retreating out of the room.

I smiled a bit dull before I tugged myself in for the night.

It was always a tomorrow.

☻☻

"That party was wild!" Cammie cheered as we walked down the hall to our lockers. Hers was a couple away from mine so naturally we went together. "I didn't even see Brandon though, would've thought the host wold be there, but no, the bastard was too royal for that shit."

I chuckled a bit low. I was still a bit shaky after the frenzy Friday night, the thoughts of Drake and his soft, beautiful, warm lips made me all hot inside, then it was Zack's words and I just felt frosted, and finally my mom's roughness joined the parade of frenzy and I felt plain out empty. It went on and on, and I couldn't believe how all that happened in one single night.