Chapter Three

My third school day held little expectations. I was getting used to the classes and the teachers (except Mrs.Braw in physics and Mr. Teaser slash Arlong in P.E), but the detentions were a drag in my mind. A whole school week of sitting in a tight room with several of others, just simply doing nothing since we had to sit there as statues, yeah, it was really depressing. Especially the nagging from my mom whenever I came home and she'd ask me how it went, not really caring, but wanting an answer that showed my displeasure. Which I did not give it to her. I told her it was fine and went into my room, leaving her frowning.

Anyways, as the fifth day approached and I arrived at school early for once, I noticed my locker had been vandalized. Drawings of doves bleeding and cupids laughing with a strange, crooked grin.

You could imagine how I reacted.

"What the actual fuck?" I shouted to no one in particular. But I was shocked in the negative way. Though not angry, but really irritated.

I was used to indifference, but my locker being vandalized? What'd you expect, me jumping up in joy and stroll around smiling? Fuck no. Instead I asked a complete stranger where a certain asshole's locker was and she pointed me to one. Apparently, everyone knew where it was.

Sure enough, there he was grabbing a few books into his stupid bag, with stupid birds on them, with a stupid arrow thingie crossing it.

Did he have a fetish with birds and all?

"You fucking asshole!" I hissed as I approached him. And the bastard didn't even turn around. He kept on his facade of innocence as he gathered his things.

"What the fuck have I done to you to make you draw that shit on my locker?"

He looked up, his brows pressing together as if he was thinking.

"You annoy me." He said, no hurry in his voice, no emotion, just a dull sound with words tangled inside. He blinked and waited for me to answer.

I stared at him with what must've been a pretty priceless glare. He stood still, waiting as if he wanted to see me react.

What the hell was I supposed to say to that?

"Excuse me?" I uttered harsh, almost spitting in his face. "I didn't even think I've said more than ten words to you?"

"You annoy me to no end." He continued and zipped his bag before turning around, walking unhurriedly away with a pace that pushed a certain red button in me.

I never got mad. Really, the thing with Angie, it was a one time thing. But this prick, this unexplainable prick had somehow ticked me off and I didn't know how I found myself pushing him into a nearby locker, his head banging behind. And I didn't know how I found it in me to push my arm into his neck.

"You're gonna wash that locker of mine until it is shining, you asshole."

"I'd rather not, and mind you, this actually hurts."

The guy was bigger than me, taller, more built. Yet he seemed to be struggling and I smiled at that.

"If you're not gonna undo that ugly painting, I'll tell the principal that the one who assaulted her stole my car. And trust me, I can make her believe that and you're outta of this school."

I was lying. Of course I had no kind of power like that, but I was good in joking. Really, it was a joke...just a joke.

"If you do that," his eyes were still dull and his slight smile didn't even reach them. Actually, up front and all, I saw the tattoos more clearly and I felt a twinge of curiosity. But it still screamed danger and I was stupid too notice that then of all times. "You'd do me a big favor." He continued and flashed a grand, wide smile.