Chapter Four

So the sneaking out part was easier said than done. As I was done showering and making myself ready, which meant plastering makeup on my face with wet hair in a bun and white robes on, my mom came in with the laundry. She stopped still and I felt my gut sink into an unexplainable level, my heart beating with an unmeasurable pace. I was already coming up with excuses in my head before she even opened her mouth.

Instinctively I smiled and took the clothes from her.

"What are you doing?" She snapped as I took the clothes away.

"I'm putting my clothes in the drawer?" I half jokingly said.

"No, why the hell are you putting makeup on now?" She narrowed her eyes as the bell started chiming in her head. "Are you going out, is that what you are doing?"

"No mom," I sighed. "I always put makeup on before I go to sleep. Not mascara though, but everything else. You know, so it's easier in the morning." My voice was so steady, my words not coming out too fast or too slow. There was a point in them that may as well be true. Since I was sometimes a girly girl (though not always) it seemed believable, you know? And my mother's reaction proved that.

"That doesn't even make sense, why not the mascara too?"

"Since my lashes fall off then, trust me, don't even try it."

My mom still seemed a bit uneasy, but she went with it. She left and I sighed in complete relief.

As you can see I don't get guilty by lying to my parents. But it is weird. Feeling bad after lying to strangers and not feeling bad by lying to my own mother and father? That didn't make sense. At all, not the slightest. Yet that was how I felt and I couldn't do shit about it. I returned to my makeup and when I was pleased with my transformation I gave myself a short, sincere smile.

I didn't have pretty brown eyes, but they were a bit hazel ish, small, but not making me look complete Asian. No offense though, Asians are the most cutest on earth, but it wouldn't suite me, you know? I had a bit tanned skin, but at the same time could be mistaken for a European, taking in the fact that my father was from Egypt and my mom from Spain, it was quite surprising. I had inherited my mom's cheekbones which kind of stuck out, but at the same time not. My father's lips, that were a bit thin on the bottom and plump on the top, was as sewn onto my face. A perfect copy. And thank God for the dimples. I had beauty marks splattered on my face, a zit or two, but they were unrecognizable due to the makeup.

I had the whole Spanish slash Egyptian thing going on, a crazy mix, but I was pleased with it.

Now you know what kind of sexy beast I am and please, save me the flatter. No, I'm kidding, but seriously, I was pleased with how I looked. I wasn't slim, but I was skinny. Really skinny. That resulted to an almost flat chest. Heavy on the almost, since I did have boobs, alright?

Suddenly I heard my phone scream out some indie song I had totally forgotten the name of and I rushed to it with all my might. It wasn't because I was so eagerly curious to who it was (I knew it would be my loser), but since the ringtone was too damn loud and would make my parents come in and claim an explanation to why I had a phone at all since they took mine. (I had a spare phone, just a reminder.)

"What'd you want?" I panted.

"Well hello to you too, Miss Have-No-Time-Greet-Properly." Nove scoffed and I couldn't help but to roll my eyes.

"Again, what'd you want?"

Nove sighed and I heard a crazy background noise that made me think a bit on the naughty side. There was moaning going on and I knew, as the freak Nove was, that maybe he was drunk calling which he usually did. And when he did, well, he was on some pretty crazy scene.