#1

01/23/2017

My life started to change today.

I was in this restaurant Den and I loves to eat in. It wasn't something too expensive  or too exclusive but it was private enough for me and Den to be the way we usually were.

The place was amazing because of the how comfortable the couches were and each section or tables were separated by a divider with intricate designs. No one could see us or invade our privacy.

I could hold Den's hands all I wanted to.

But Den didn't want to hold mine.

"L.A. is in love with me," Den suddenly told me in the middle of our meal.

I put my utensils down carefully and looked at Den. 

I sighed.

I knew this would happen.

Three years. 

L.A. has been helping us hide our relationship for three years. No straight guy would be able to do that without falling in love. Especially since Den was the girl. It was more surprising that L.A. was only falling in love with Den now.

"I should have thanked L.A. before for helping us, hon," I said. "It would only make me look like an asshole now if I thank him and you break up with him."

"I am not breaking up with him."

What? I thought I heard Den wrong but when I looked at her, Den had this determined look in her eyes overpowering the pain.

"I'm breaking up with you."

"What?!"

I couldn't keep my voice from going a notch louder. Den was being absurd! 

We were onto our 4th year anniversary (on August 2017) and Den was telling me she was breaking up with me. Like what the actual fuck?!

"Calm the fuck down, Alyssa," Den hissed.

"How can I calm down when you're telling me you're breaking up with me?! What kind of sick joke is this?!" I hissed back.

And that's when Den's tears started to fall. 

I immediately calmed down. I couldn't take it when Den cries so I tried my best to stay quiet and let her say her piece because I knew Den had a lot to say.

"3 years and 5 months, Alyssa. We've been together for 3 years and almost 5 months and yet, we're still hiding our relationship," Den cried.

"Hon," I said taking Den's hand in mine. "You know this is what's best for us."

With Den's med school, her career, and mine. Telling the public about us never seemed like a good idea and I thought Den understood.

"Then when will it be the best for us?" 

The anguish in Den's voice broke my heart. She was hurting. And I was too because I feel twice as hurt when Den feels pain. 

But I couldn't answer Den. I didn't know how to answer her.

"Ayoko na, Alyssa. I'm tired of hiding. I'm tired of waiting because I don't think you will ever have the guts to tell the world about us. Soon, you're even celebrating your anniversary with Kiefer diba?" Den cried silently. "Nothing's changing in our relationship and I'm so damn tired."

"Den, you know na publicity stunt lang ang samin ni Kief diba? I need him to help us hide our relationship and he needs me for his career," I explained hastily even though Den already knew and even though that wasn't the problem.