Chapter Thirty-Eight

Guess who just bought tickets to go see Panic! at the Disco in March? Thats right, me. It also left $3 in my bank account oops. 

Also this is written in almost all of Ashtons point of view, idk why but i thought it would fit more :)

It was suppose to be a normal day. After Luke had to go to his classes that morning, Michael got ready for work. The twins going to spend the day with Calum. It started normal, why wouldn't it end normal? It took a turn for the worse when Michael was only an hour into his shift. 

---

"What do you mean it has gotten worse?" Ashton was furious but he wouldn't show it. 

The doctor looked at the closed door that had his best friend in it. The worried look on the doctors face made Ashton feel worse. 

"Ashton, it's gotten worse but also better," She flips through some papers before talking again, "I would like to say from the test we ran on him he has gotten better with his battle on depression. Although, there is still a concern on his eating disorder,"

Ashton cursed to himself. How could he not notice that his friend wasn't gaining any weight like he should be? He was suppose to be there and make sure he was okay but lately Ashton has been failing. 

"Don't you dare blame yourself. He has admitted to eating but not enough to gain weight. When we checked he had little food in him," The doctor admitted. 

Ashton was confused, "So what does that mean?"

She adjusted her glasses, "It means he has started the first step of recovery but has made no attempt on advancing. This is why he fainted at work today,"

Ashton nodded. It did make sense. Michael was eating enough to get through the day but not enough to actually put on weight. Basically what he had done before, but last time he would go days without eating. 

"Now Ashton, since his depression is doing as decent as it can get we will keep him on the same medication," Ashton nodded, she kept on talking, "But I think we need to do something  about his eating disorder before it turns fatal," 

The thought of his best friend dying scared Ashton. He didn't want that to happen. He couldn't have his other half dying. 

The doctor took this as enough information for right now for the young man, "One last thing, we'll keep him over night. Before you leave if you want we can talk about what we would like to do. I know this is so much on you but Michael is lucky to have a friend like you Ash,"

Ashton nodded and smiled at that. If anything, Ashton was lucky to have a friend like Michael. He knocked on the door and when he heard the voice inside he walked in. Ashtons eyes met Michaels the moment he walked in. Michael instantly looked down at he blanket, afraid that his friend was going to be mad. 

Michael was thrown off when Ashton practicality jumped into bed, trapping him in a hug. 

"Don't you ever worry me like that again Michael Clifford, I love you," Michael rubbed his best friends back while he talked. 

"I'm so sorry Ash," Michael whispered quietly.

Ashton shook his head and Michael already knew what he would say if he were to open his mouth. 

"I just want you to get better Michael, you're my best friend I can't lose you," Ashton admitted. 

"I'm going to try harder, I promise," Michael stated while Ashton pulled away and sat in the seat next to the bed. 

"You have two beautiful children to live for, you have me, you have Luke, we are all here for you Michael," Michael rolled his eyes at Ashtons comment, but he went on, "and we all need you to be here and live your life because you mean everything to us and I don't know what we would do without you,"

Michael was crying at this point. He knew he was needed and loved but hearing it just made it seem more raw. He had everything he could ask for right now in life. A boyfriend, a loving supporting best friend, and two kids who loved him more then anything. Michael wasn't about to just give up that easy, not this time. 

Can you believe i've been writing this book for a year? lol, i think i started it in november 2015 but didn't start actually updating it till months later. 

Do y'all have instagram? Comment your user and ill follow you :)