Chapter 19: Aftershock

Emily's POV

And then I saw a huge truck in front of me...

I turned the steering wheel quickly and dodged the truck, but the car got off the road and hit a tree. I hit my head on the side window and blacked out.

Demi's POV

I felt guilty for what I said to Emily. I need to fix this.. I called her a few times, but as I thought she didn't pick up. I decided to text her I'm sorry, everything I said came out wrong. Please just come over so we can talk xo.

I waited for a few minutes until I got a reply: I'm the one who should be sorry, I'll come over right aft

Aft? What does that mean? Did she accidentily hit send or something? I waited again, but she didn't send the rest... Maybe I should call her. I dialed her number and the phone kept ringing, but she didn't pick up. Shit, this is the moment where I start panicking.

What if something happened? Maybe she just forgot... But then why isn't she picking up the phone? Oh no.. She wasn't driving was she? No please please please let everything be okay. I called her once more, but again no one picked up.

Maybe she is just talking to someone and doesn't want to be rude.. Or she has her phone on silent and doesn't know that she's being called. Yeah that's probably it, I'm being worried over nothing probably.

 I waited for another hour, but she still hasn't called me back. I don't know what to do, I don't know where she could be, I need my Emily.. I called her once again, this might be my hundredth try. ''Hello?''. Shit that was not Emily, but it's a girls voice... 

''Hi this is Demi.. Can I talk to Emily?'' I sounded nevous. ''Uhm she can't get on the phone right now... She is kinda in the hospital so yeah..'' Wait what? ''WHAT HAPPENED?'' I yelled. ''She crashed her car into a tree''' she sounded like she was crying.

''Who is this? How is she? Can I come?'' Oh gosh I need to calm down before she's going to hang up. ''I'm Sam and she hasn't woken up yet, you can come, but you would have to wait outside just like me, because only family can go in.''

 Oh Sam.. Em has told me about her before. I believe she's her best friend. I need to go there, I have to make sure that she's okay. ''Are you at a hospital nearby? I'll come straight away.'' I asked while grabbing my keys. ''Not really, they had to go somewhere else, because there was something with her head. I'll text you the address.'' ''Thanks Sam'' I said and hung up the phone. I got the text with the address a few seconds later.

The drive was horrible. I kept thinking that it was my fault that she was in there. If I didn't text her she wouldn't have texted me back.. Hell, if I wouldn't have been so pushy this morning she would still be here with me. I wanted to cry so bad, but I have to concentrate on my driving or else I crash into something too.

I got at the hospital and ran to the front counter. The woman looked at me with one raised eyebrow. ''Where is Emily Smith?'' I asked. ''Hmm, one minute please'' she said while she took the phone. Oh my gosh why is she going to make a call RIGHT NOW? ''I need to know where Emily is!'' I said impatiently. The woman glared at me over her glasses ''are you related to her?''. ''Uhm no, but I'm a really close friend.'' ''Hm sorry you'll have to wait'' she said while grabbing the phone again. ARGH THIS IS SO ANNOYING.

Suddenly someone came up to me. ''Hey, I'm Sam'' she said. Her eyes looked red an puffy, she must've been crying a lot. ''Hi, I'm Demi'' ''Yeah I know that'' she said smiling a little. ''Emily is in surgery, she hit her head against the window and they have to get the glass out..'' Sam said looking down. 

I hugged her, I couldn't take it any longer and started crying. Sam cried too and we stood there for a few minutes just hugging and crying. ''I-is she g-going to make it?'' I asked her. ''I h-hope so Demi, we need to s-stay strong for Em!'' Sam said while she looked at me with a little sparkle in her eyes.

We sat in the waiting room for what felt like hours, her parents were there too but I didn't feel like talking to them. Her mom was crying and her dad was comforting her. I could imagine how she must be feeling, probably really guilty. 

Emily baby please be okay I thought tears escaping my eyes.

Emily's POV

Uhgg my head hurts like hell. Hey.. Why can't I open my eyes? HELLO... I tried to scream but nothing came out. What the fuck is going on? Oh my gosh stop this headache please this is torture! I tried to remember what happened, but I couldn't even remember what day it was.

Err Emily think.. Uhm let's see, I was with Demi yesterday.. or today, I'm not really sure about anything right now. We got into a fight and I went to Sam... Then what? This is so damn hard why can't I just open my eyes? 

Okay.. so after Sam I went back to Demi? No, I went to my parents. Gosh this isn't making my head hurt less. But I can't remember talking to my parents or anything. Oh no.. I think I remember. I texted Demi while I was driving and then I saw this huge truck in front of me. But I thought I dodged it? Well apparently not, because otherwise I would probably be able to open my eyes right now.

What am I.. Dead? Well than being dead sucks. I didn't imagine it to be good or anything, but I thought I would at least see my aunt again.. Or my grandfather. So am I supposed to just be here the rest of my life, thinking about how stupid I was to even text and drive. 

Hello? God? Can you give me some Advil? No? Well alrighty then, no God either I see. This is so weird, I need to open my eyes. Let's try it one more time. ARGHH COME ON. Wait? I think I heard something? Emily... Not sure.. Wake... Hello? Can you speak a little louder I can't understand what you're saying. I'm so sorry I heard. Wait this was a different voice. It sounded familiar, but I'm not sure who it was.

Em please baby wake up, it's me Demi. I'm here with your parents and Sam. Demi? What is she doing here with my parents? This is all so confusing. AAH I feel something on my hand, or leg or whatever limb is being touched. Maybe I can move it? Woah I think I moved a toe or a finger!

SAM, SAM SHE MOVED HER HAND I FELT IT I'M SURE! Aha so that's my hand, let's try it again, I might be able to open my eyes soon! Uhhhg this is so hard it feel like my hand weighs more than an elephant. SHE DID IT AGAIN CALL THE DOCTOR I THINK SHE'S WAKING UP. 

Please Demi I love you to pieces but stop the yelling, my head is almost exploding. And I'm already sort of awake, I just can't talk or open my eyes or do practically anything. I felt another touch, but this time it felt near my head or chest.. How could it be so hard to know where someone is touching you? She's still really weak, I'm not sure how soon she  will wake up. But she is definitely improving. 

Wow thanks doc, for stating the obvious. I'm still being a sarcastic bitch even though I'm barely living. Hey.. My headache is gone! Finally, now I can bore myself even more with my sarcastic comments that no one can hear. 

My eyes feel itchy, I need to scratch them, but my hands will probably not be able to travel that far. AAH SOMEBODY SCRATCH MY EYES. Huh.. What's that? It looks like a light or something. Wow it's getting bigger... Wait, I can see again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTE: argh stupid wattpad deleted what I had written and when I finally rewrote it I couldn't save it. This chapter is REALLY boring now, my apologies, but I kinda rushed it because I was afraid it would be deleted again.

I don't think I'll be able to update frequently since my school thinks I don't need spare time and keeps bombarding me with tests and homework and shit. I'll stop boring you with my shitty life stories. 

THANKS FOR 10k THAT'S SO AWESOME! Comment what you want to happen in the next chapter and I might just add it to the story ;)