Chapter 17: Party

Emily's POV

I woke up to my alarm clock going off, I tried to grab my phone but I couldn't move because there were arms wrapped around me. Wait where am I? I quickly opened my eyes and saw a beautiful face. I suddenly remembered everything that happened yesterday.

I tried to get out of Demi's arms without waking her up. My alarm was still going off and Demi didn't even move, I turned the alarm off and went in the bathroom. I don't know why but I felt completely numb, I didn't feel anything.

I looked at my phone and I had 4 missed calls and 2 new messages. Wow how did I sleep through that? 3 missed calls were from mom and 1 was from my dad. The messages were also from mom and dad. The first one said: I'm so sorry please pick up to phone where are you? Come home please.

I didn't actually know if I believed her, since she practically shoved me out the door herself yesterday. The other message said: Where are you? Your mom made a mistake, we need to talk about this! I don't know what he meant with ''talk about it''. He could possibly accept the fact that I'm in love with a girl or he wanted to talk it out of my head and something made me feel like he meant the last one.

I decided not to respond and I did my morning routine. I put on some clothes and went downstairs. I didn't want to wake Demi so I left a note: Hey Demz, thanks for last night I really appreciate it. I have to go to school so I'll probably see you after. xoxo

School was boring as always, not much happened that day. Apart from Sam who came up to me  flipping out over the picture I sent her. I explained everything to her even about my mom, because I always tell her everything. She told me I could also stay with her if I needed a place to stay and that's why I love her so much. No matter what situation I'm in she's always there for me. I told her to come with me soon so she could meet Demi, she freaked out again. 

I went home after school and I felt quite happy, because normally Brianna would've said something, but she just ignored me today.. Maybe she's planning something. I walked to the front door of my house and I suddenly remembered that I got kicked out yesterday.

I ran back to my car and tears were streaming down my face. It's such a habit to go home after school that I didn't even think about it. I drove to Demi's house and I tried to fix my mascara so she wouldn't notice that I've been crying. I rang the door, because I don't have a key.

I waited for 5 minutes and still nobody answered.. Shit maybe she has an interview or something.. Should I call her? I rang the doorbell a few more times, but since no one answered I just called her. ''Hello?'' I heard her say. ''Uhm Demi I'm at your house and I don't have a key so I can't get in.'' I said. ''Oh there's a key under the flowerpot, I'll be home at six or so''. 

I looked around and saw a big flowerpot, it was really heavy but I got the key and said ''Thanks I found it, see you tonight''. I hung up the phone and went inside. I wasn't sure what to do, because I'm alone in a huge house and I've only been here a few times..

I put on some music and sang along. I'm a terrible singer, but that doesn't mean I won't do it, because I love it and nobody can stop me! I danced a little too, my mom always says I'm a good dancer.. Sigh.. Mom.

Demi came home late, around 8 o'clock. So I said I already ate something even though I didn't. She wasn't convinced but she was too tired to argue with me. She went to bed early and I stayed up late to do my homework and went to bed around 1 AM. 

That's just about how my week went. I also got a lot of calls from my parents but I kept ignoring them, they finally stopped calling on thursday. Demi wanted to talk about it but everytime she brought it up I changed the subject. She wasn't home very often, she had a really busy week.