Chapter 6: The call

Yesterday was awful, but maybe today would be a better day. I saw that my parents already left so I didn't even have to pretend I was eating. I went to school and it was just like any other day. Classes were boring, some girls were talking about me and Brianna said something about my weight. It still hurt everytime she said that, but I didn't let it show. That would only make it worse.

After school I had to work. Something I actually enjoyed doing. There were a few customers but I was mostly talking to Grace and just having fun. ''Did you call the girl that was here saturday?'' Grace asked. ''Uhmm no I forgot'' I lied. ''Oh you seemed to like her a lot''. ''Yeah she's kind of my idol'' I said while I was blushing''. ''Really? I didn't recognize her, what is her name?'' ''Demi Lovato''. ''Never heard of her''. I laughed, because I knew everything about her. 

When I got home I decided I was going to text her. I looked at my phone and thought about a nice thing to say. Hey, this is Emily. Maybe I should just start the conversation with this. I pressed send and immediately regretted it. She probably doesn't even remember me. I waited for a couple of minutes but I got no reply. I knew it, this wasn't her real number. 

I started my computer and looked for the tickets to her concerts. SOLD OUT. Oh no, this wasn't serious.. Now I can't even go at al! Tears filled my eyes as I was staring at the screen. *ding* my phone beeped. I looked at the screen and the name said Demi Lovato. This was probably a prank text. I'm sorry Emily who?

Was this the real Demi? Should I just answer? Emily who you met at the cafe saturday... I replied. I was still not sure if this was actually her so I was a little vague. Oh yes! Sorry.. What's up? So.. now what? Do I just answer honestly or do I keep it vague. I decided to answer honestly, because I didn't know what else to say. Your concert is sold out so I can't come, I'm sorry :(. I sent. I was waiting for a reply when my mom suddenly said "Emily dinner is ready!'' 

I went downstairs and looked at the food. Ew it looked disgusting. I grabbed my stomach and said "mom my stomach hurts really bad''. ''Maybe you're hungry? Eat something''. I sat down and poked my food. I shoved it from one side to the other so it would look like I was eating. ''Honey don't play with your food, just eat something.'' Mom sounded angry.

''I really don't feel well mom''. ''You have to eat something!'' My mom looked me in the eye so I had to eat something. I tried some vegetables, but I immediately felt my stomach grow. My mom kept looking at me so I ate some more. When I ate half of it she finally let me go back upstairs. I wanted to purge, but I couldn't because my mom would hear it. I laid on my bed feeling disgusted about the things I just ate. 

I looked at my phone and saw that I had two new messages. I opened them. The first one said: I told you I would give them to you, so don't worry you can come :). I looked at the other one and it said: Can you call me? So we can talk about the details ;). OMG she sent me a winky face!!! Should I call her? I don't want the conversation to be awkward, because I'm so freaking nervous right now.

I decided I was going to call her. The phone was ringing and then I heard her voice "Heyy'' She said. I froze, I didn't know what to say, what the hell am I going to say? I need to say something... ''Uhmm are you there?'' She said. ''Y-yeah s-sorry..'' ''So about those tickets, I could give you them tomorrow at the cafe or aren't you working tomorrow?'' ''W-well, I'm not w-working tomorrow, but I could g-go anyway'' I said a bit shy. ''Okay good! So you want backstage passes too?'' I knew she was smiling while she said that. ''Oh my gosh would you actually do that?'' ''Yeah duh otherwise I wouldn't have asked'' She said laughing. ''YES YES PLEASE THANK YOU'' I yelled a little bit too hard. ''Wow calm down there haha I'll see you tomorrow then around 5 o'clock?'' ''Sorry, yes! See you tomorrow!'' ''Bye!'' And then she hang up.

I can't believe I actually called her. This wasn't happening, one day I'm dreaming of meeting my idol and the next I'm calling her! This is the best thing that ever happened to me! I was lost in my thoughts when my mom came in my room. "Why were you screaming?'' she asked. ''Oh I was just calling my friend''. I said as if nothing happened. ''Who?'' ''Demi''. I said still looking really calm. ''Wait? The Demi?'' ''Yes mom I called Demi Lovato!!'' "'What did she say?'' she asked a little confused. ''She's going to give me tickets to her concert tomorrow!'' And that's when it finally got to me.

I jumped through the room so happy, I couldn't wait to see her tomorrow! My mom started jumping too, because she was happy that I was happy. ''So you don't have a stomach ache anymore?'' My mom suddenly asked. Oh shit I totally forgot. ''Uhhm it still hurts a little, but now I'm just not thinking about it''. She looked at me as if I was lying, which I was obviously. But I couldn't care less, because I was seeing Demi tomorrow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTE: my mom keeps asking about this book, it's really getting on my nerves. She doesn't trust me because I won't let her see it. And my dad asked what it was about. If I let them read it they might suspect something about me and I don't want that. HELP idk what to do :(