Chapter 11: Safe

Emily's POV

Shit shit shit, what now? I looked at my wrist which was still bleeding. I quickly grabbed some toilet paper, but it didn't stop the bleeding. ''Em, please open the door''. ''Don't worry Demi I'm just on the toilet wait a sec.'' I said trying to sound calm. ''Are you crying?'' I could hear that she was worried. Why was I so stupid, I should've never done this in the first place.

''No, no I'm fine almost done''. The bleeding had finally stopped and I threw the toilet paper in the toilet and flushed it away. I washed my hands and my wrists and covered them with my sleeves. Luckily Demi gave me pajamas with long sleeves. I came out of the bathroom forgetting that I must have had red eyes.

''Baby are you okay?'' she came up to me and hugged me. ''Yeah, I just couldn't sleep..'' I lied. ''You're going to sleep in my bed now, so just let me know if somethings wrong.'' she took my hand and walked to her bedroom. She got in and I did too. How weird, I was in the same bed as Demi Lovato. Yes I'm still fangirling over this.

She came closer to me and held me. We just laid there hugging while she finally closed her eyes, I felt so comfortable in her arms, like I was safe and nothing could ever happen to me. I noticed I was very tired too so I slowly drifted to sleep. 

Someone was chasing me, I couldn't see who it was but I could hear it was a girl because she was laughing. I kept running but I tripped over something and fell on the ground. I turned around and saw the girl bending over me and I still couldn't see her face because it was dark outside. She kicked me in the stomach and told me I was fat. I recognized her voice, but still didn't know who it was. She kicked me another time and I couldn't stop crying it hurt so much. She was yelling things at me but I couldn't hear it over my crying. '''STOP, please you're hurting me'' I begged. But she kept kicking me even in the head and then I saw who it was.

Demi's POV

I woke up at 7 am and I was so tired, but couldn't sleep anymore. Emily was still holding me so I tried to get out of the bed without waking her up. I walked to the bathroom and splashed some water on my face when I heard Emily scream something. I ran back to my bedroom and saw that she was sweating and screaming ''STOP, please you're hurting me. Stop!'' She was still sleeping so I tried to wake her up. I shook her ''Emily baby wake up you're having a nightmare!'' ''STOP STOP IT HURTS'' she kept screaming. I shook her a little harder and she finally opened her eyes.

''Wh-what happened?'' she asked while crying. ''You had a nightmare, it's okay, I'm here now'' I hugged her and held her tight. This girl was so broken, I knew she didn't tell me everything and I didn't want to push her, but now I was really curious. ''Em would you mind telling me what that dream was about?'' I asked her. ''Well, someone was chasing me and I fell and she screamed at me and kept kicking me'' she said still crying. ''She? Did you know who it was?'' 

"Bri-brianna" she mumbled. ''Who's Brianna?'' I asked. ''S-someone from my school w-who bullies m-me...'' she started crying again. ''I'm so sorry for crying I'm 17 for gods sake I'm acting like a baby''. ''No, there's nothing wrong with crying... What does this Brianna girl do to you?'' I asked while rubbing her back to calm her down. ''I don't really want to talk about it..'' She looked me in the eyes and suddenly I felt something which I wasn't expecting to feel. 

Her eyes were so beautiful how have I not noticed that before. ''Why are you looking at me like that'' she said smiling. What was I doing? Why was I feeling this way? ''Oh nothing I was just thinking'' I smiled back. She hugged me and we both laid back down. Her arms fit perfect in mine, this moment felt perfect. I looked at her and saw that she was sleeping again.

I couldn't sleep because of all the thoughts running through my mind. I thought about what else Emily was hiding from me, I had to find out more about Brianna, because I didn't want anything to happen to Emily. I also thought about the things I was feeling, how I started to see her differently. No I'm straight, why am I even thinking about this. I should act normal or I'm going to scare Emily away...

Emily's POV

I woke up and felt Demi's arms wrapped around me tight, I could get used to this. I looked at Demi and she looked so cute while sleeping. I didn't want to wake her up so I decided I was just going to wait till she woke up herself. I thought about a lot of things, whether I should tell Demi more or not. If I did tell her everything I might scare her away and I defintely don't want to bother her with my issues. It's my own fault so I should deal with them on my own.. I also thought about what was actually happening. I was here laying in Demi's bed with her.. Demi, my idol. How was this even real?

I was lost in my thoughts when Demi suddenly yawned. ''Hey'' she said with a raspy voice. God that sounded sexy. Wait? What was I saying? ''How long have you been awake?'' she asked. ''I'm not sure, I didn't want to wake you up'' I smiled at her. I looked at the clock, it was 11 am. ''So how about breakfast?'' she asked while she was getting up. ''Sounds good'' I lied, the daily struggle started again...