Chapter 7: Tickets

I went to the cafe at 4:30, because I was so excited. I got some coffee and talked to Grace. I waited for an hour and she still didn't come so I was thinking maybe she forgot. I waited for another 15 minutes and still nobody. Maybe I should text her? See if she forgot.. No I don't want to be pushy. Maybe she just wasn't coming and she finally realized that I was just another Lovatic.

It was already 6 o'clock and I decided it was time to leave, just when I walked through the door I bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry!" I immediately said. ''It's okay, hey! Emily!'' I looked up and saw Demi smiling at me. "Oh hi Demi'' I said with enthusiasm. "I'm sorry I'm this late, but I had some things to do at the studio and they didn't let me leave earlier.'' Demi said with a pout. 

I felt relieved, because that meant that she didn't forget about me. ''It's fine, it's not like I've been here for an hour and a half already'' I said smiling. ''Did you seriously wait that long for me?'' she asked. ''Yeah, but it's okay it was defenitely worth the wait'' I said blushing. "Would you like to go and get something to eat somewhere I'm really hungry" she asked. Shit I didn't want her to notice anything about my eating, but I didn't want to say no. ''Uhm okay'' I said.

Demi's POV

Emily looked sad when I asked her if she wanted to eat something with me. Or am I just seeing things.. I probably shouldn't worry. We walked to a restaurant nearby and she looked a little nervous. So I decicded to ask her ''Are you okay?''. ''Yeah never better'' She said and she tried to smile but now I defenitely knew something was up.

We sat down and I ordered pasta while Emily was still looking at the menu. ''What would you like miss?'' The waiter asked her. ''Uhmm I'll have the salad'' she said. "I'm not really hungry'' she said with a weak smile. ''About those tickets, I got you two for the concert and two backstage passes so you can bring a friend!'' I said while I gave them to her. ''Wow thanks I really appreciate it, I don't know how to thank you.'' ''It's fine really I love making someone happy''.

We got our food and I immediately started eating, I was really hungry. Emily just looked at her food and was shoving it. I didn't want to push her but she had to eat something. ''Don't you like it?'' I asked her. ''Uh no, I just uhm am not really hungry that's all''. She didn't even look at me when she said that. I was getting worried.

She finally ate something and she looked really sad. "I'm full" she said when she had finished almost half of it. I wanted to get to know her better "tell me something about yourself'' I said. ''Uhm well I'm a lovatic haha and I live at home with my parents, no siblings.'' she said. ''I'm 17 years old and uhmm what else do you want to know?'' she asked me. ''Favorite color or animal?'' ''Red is my favorite color and I love love love elephants.'' She said looking happy again.

We talked about some other stuff, but she never told me anything really personal. ''So who are you going to take with you to my concert?'' I asked. ''I don't really know yet'' she said. ''Oh your friends don't like me?'' I asked laughing. ''No no it's just uhm.. I don't really have a lot of friends.. so yeah.'' she said looking at the table. ''Oh I'm sorry.. Do you have someone who you want to go with?'' ''Not really.." She looked as if she was going to cry. Good job Demi now you made her upset I thought to myself.

I tried to change the subject, but that real smile never appeared on her face again. ''I think I have to go home or my parents are going to worry about me'' she said. ''Oh okay, I'll go pay our food'' I wanted to walk to the cash register when she stopped me. ''Wait, I'll pay for my own food.'' She said quickly. ''No it's fine I don't mind.'' but then she grabbed my arm and said. ''Please let me pay for it, you already got me tickets so I feel guilty.'' 

I sat back down and looked her in the eyes. ''Don't feel guilty okay, I really don't mind paying this or giving you tickets, because I like you and you deserve it.'' She blushed a little and finally let me pay for our dinner. We went outside and I walked to my car. "Do you need a ride?" I asked her. ''Uhm no it's fine I'll walk home'' she said. ''It's already dark I'd feel better if I could drop you off'' I said, I really didn't want her to walk alone right now. ''Alright'' She said and she got in the car. 

''So where do you live?'' I asked her. ''Go right at the end of the street and then keep going till you can go left and then right'' She said. I tried to remember and drove to a remote place. "That's my house'' she said while pointing at a house between the trees. We both got out of the car and I walked her to the door. ''So I guess I'll see you at the concert then?'' she said a bit shy. ''Yes! see you then'' I smiled at her and gave her a hug. 

I got back in the car and thought about what just happened. I actually had dinner with a lovatic, I never expected to do something like that. But she is so nice and I really liked her. I knew something was wrong though, just the way she looked at my when I talked about her friends, or when she was eating... Maybe I'm just imagening things. I hope so...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTE: my testweek is starting tomorrow so I'm gonna be really busy. I don't know if I'll be able to update everyday but I'll try. I'm sorry if this chapter is bad, but I had some things going on so I couldn't really concentrate. Thank you for reading!