CHAPTER 8 & 9

Chapter 8~ A new album with the four girls' songs

In the garden of the school

"Don't worry, Miyu-chan... She's just an... Uh... Old hag." Kazumi patted her back. Miyu sighed in defeat.

They sat in silence; Mei and Kazumi juggling stones and laughed silently at one another when one of them dropped a stone. Suddenly someone shouted, "MEI-CHAN, KAZUMI-CHAN, KIYOKI-CHAN AND MIYU-CHANNNNNN!!!"

The girls jumped in surprise; Kazumi dropped all her stones and one of them hit her head. She rubbed her head and glared at Mei because Mei continued to juggle the stones while laughing at Kazumi.

They turned their heads to the person who shouted and saw Natsuki running happily to them, waving 4 piece of small rectangular paper in the air. Miyu quickly wiped my face and when he reached them, he stared closely at her face with concern. "Are you crying, Miyu-chan?"

Miyu shook her head, trying to smile happily at him. "So why are you here?"

He bought her fake smile and shook the 4 small rectangular paper in their faces. "Tickets!!"

The girls stared at him, confused. "Tickets?"

Natsuki nodded his head vigorously and gave each of them. "Our concert tickets."

The girls continued to stare at the ticket in their hand and Kiyoki asked, "Your concert tickets?"

He nodded his head so vigorously; Miyu's afraid it's gonna detached itself from the body. "Be sure to come!"

~~~

At the same time
Outside Shining's office

Since the girls failed, Ruri is now here to change partners. Who are not girls!

She reached for the doorknob but suddenly the door opened and Quartet Night came out. What were they doing here?

They stopped when they saw their composer. "What are you doing here?" She asked curiously.

Ai, Ranmaru and Camus ignored her and walked past. As if she didn't said anything. Ruri stared at them as they passed, wondering what's wrong.

Then she looked at Reiji who was only standing there. "What's with them?"

He didn't smile and didn't say anything. He stepped aside and held open the door.

Ruri stood there, not knowing how to react since this is the first time he didn't smile at her which means something is wrong. And he's too quiet. Reiji gestured for her to enter but she didn't. He sighed, pulled Ruri's arm and swung her in.

Ruri stumbled into the room and when she steadied herself, she glanced back to the door. Reiji met her eyes and slowly closed the door. She canNot believe Reiji just pushed her. He's supposed to be like a gentleman. When she is still in her own thoughts, Shining announced to her loudly. "YOU ARE RIGHT ON TIME, RURI-SAN!!"

Ruri jumped back in shock. "Right on time for what?"

He laughed at her reaction. "You don't have to compose songs for Quartet Night anymore for now. Take a rest and freshen up your mind or something."

Ruri gaped at him and started walking towards him in large strides. The table stood in between both of them so when she reached him, she slammed her hands on his table. "What?!! Then who will compose songs for their new album then?!"

He didn't say anything but his eyes flickered down on his table. Ruri saw the songs composed by the 4 girls laying on his table.

Oh no they didn't.