Epilogue

~30 years later~

I sat on the couch, singing the covers of my books. My agent asked me to sign at least one hundred of them before the middle of January, which is the 30th anniversary of when The Knight in Leather Armor was published.

The support I've received all these decades has been absolutely unbelievable. Mothers and daughters, bestfriends, boys even, they've read my books. I always knew I had a knack for writing emotionally, but never in a million years did I ever think my words would impact or inspire people who are dealing with loss or heartbreak. Feeling like I've helped one person and made them smile is priceless.

The best part is that I wrote The Knight in Leather Armor so quickly in comparison to any other story I've started that I barely even realized when I was done. J.D. was right; all writing is autobiographical, so why not be honest and just go with it? I ended up writing four parts to the saga, all in one year and though it took me a while to get published, it did happen. J.D. has been my biggest supporter. He works as a publisher now and I left my original company to sign my books with his publishing house: Styles Scripts.

J.D. lives in New York, with Ariana. They have two sons in college now. Yes, in college. J.D. and Ariana were the first of my children to get married. It's hard to believe that little J.D. with his shy glances and soft spoken demeanor runs his own publishing house and has adult children. 

And Des, good ole Dessy is in California. He's a professional wrestlerand world class lady charmer. It took him a while to propose to Leah because he got caught up with the trampy women that clung to him due to his growing success as a wrestler. But even in the years he wasn't with Leah, I knew he always loved her a hell of a lot more than those easy, clingy sluts that liked him for his money.

He got back with Leah after I yelled at him to get his crap together. Eventually, Leah took him back but another lifetime passed before Des mustered the courage to proposed to her. They're off in the golden state, with their two teenage daughters who have Leah's beauty and grace, but Dessy' wits. Des still brags to his friends that he's with an older woman because he thinks it makes him seem slick and "on top of his game." 

I walked slowly to the kitchen to sneak in a few snacks. I gripped my cane and waddled over, as though I were pregnant. (Don't worry, I'm definitely not pregnant). Baby Liam grew up essentially as only child after Farah went off to college.

Liam was a sweet boy. He was quite stubborn like Harry, but reserved like me. His blonde roots stuck and he and Darcy always tease the rest of the kids, pretending to have a blonde versus brunettes war.

Speaking of Darcy, she and Richard broke up shortly after they started college. Darcy fell for some tall athletic guy and left Richard. It's ironic because she was the one that was worried Richie would leave her.

But when they graduated college, Richard "accidentally" ran into Darcy and they started talking and one thing led to another. Now they're married and have three children. Their two daughters are mini Darcys but their one son, Harold, who is in the middle of those two rowdy girls, is so painfully shy. It's quite sweet when he comes over to visit me and Harry,  because he looks exactly like a mini Harry, down to the green eyes and dimples, but he's so timid and doesn't say anything except "yes" and "no." 

As for Farah, with every passing year, her wits have grown to match that of Nonna. Nonna would be absolutely proud. Farah went into the medical route and is now a practicing physician specializing in neurology. Basically, she does surgeries for people with mental illness, like Alzheimers. Technology is extremely advanced now and they have made great headway in brain research that was not even nearly ready in the time Nonna developed the disease.