ch.26 Times Four

Harry started making cooing noises. Farah smiled warmly. Darcy sat down on the chair Harry had pointed at and crossed her arms over her chest. I shook my head, smiling all the while.

J.D. stood on his tipy-toes trying to get a glimpse of Farah's shy grin.

I took a deep breath and rubbed my heart instead of my deflating stomach. Nonna. Poor Nonna, the only bit of my mother's family that I had contact with was gone. 

My chest ached with a strange pain that I knew wasn't from the labor. My throat grew tight as well and my eyes started to water, about to release more tears.

Someone knocked on the door. I looked up to see Danny and Marco, Gemma and Sephora, along with Zayn and Yaz and about ten other people.

"Anybody miss Uncle Danny?" he winked. 

I quickly wiped my oncoming tears and smiled.

"No" Gemma answered back bluntly. "Everyone missed Aunt Gem" she corrected.

Des and J.D. ran to her and hugged her waist. She kissed them both and squeezed Darcy's cheek.

Danny rushed over to me and gave me a warm hug.

"Momma times four" he grinned, rubbing my back gently.

"Times four" I laughed lightly, almost in disbelief.

"Nonna" Danny whispered. "She would be proud" 

I swallowed hard and looked away in case tears started streaming down.

Marco jumped from Danny's arms and kissed my cheeks.

"Auntie Angie, where's the baby?" he gasped.

I nodded slowly at Harry.

Marco ran over to Harry and grabbed his leg, pulling at his coat to get his attention. Harry realized he was half naked underneath, so he tightened the coat and smiled down at Marco.

"Hey Marky" he grinned. 

Marco stared at the blanket in Harry's hands (aka Farah).

Danny reached for Farah and Harry handed her over very slowly. 

"Hold her head" he reminded Danny.

Danny grinned in amusement. 

"Hi baby" he smiled down at Farah. Gemma scooted over and watched Farah in awe. 

Farah looked up at them sleepily and watched their faces.

Their eyes widened as they looked more closely at Farah, then back at me.

"Wow. She looks just like you, Angie" Gemma gasped.

"Just like... mom" Danny added softly.

I nodded slowly.

Darcy glared at Farah and grumbled under her breath.

I wanted to reassure her that she didn't have to be mad because everyone was paying more attention to Farah. But Darcy needed to spend a day without the universe revolving around her. Plus, Harry needed a break from forcing the universe to center around Darcy.

Zayn walked in casually, holding Yaz's hand. It seemed like ages since I had last seen them... It had been ages. And if it was possible, they looked even more stunning than before. Especially since they were holding hands, which somehow magnified their beauty.

Immediately, I felt self-concious. I was sweaty and my face was probably blotchy and my eyes were red from crying.

"Angie, Angie, momma Angie" Zayn grinned.