eight

warning, long ass chapter, important A/N at the end

-

"Why are you helping him?" Jungkook complains. "I'm not!" Taehyung protests. "You just offered to give him tips on how to win over yoongi!" Jungkook whines. "That's the thing, I don't know how to win yoongi over! but I do know how to embarrass him," Taehyung smirks.
"isn't that a little mean?" Jungkook questions.
"yea. but think about it! when jimin makes a complete fool of himself and realizes it was me who was behind it, he'll want to get back at me! and what better way to do that then take my best friend away from me," Taehyung says, wiggling his eyebrows. "ohh..." Jungkook says in realization. "good idea"!
"exactly, whos the genius?"
"you the genius, bro,"
"don't ever call me bro or isn't swear I will choke you,"

***

Jungkook and Taehyung are surprised when jimin sits with them in their theater class. the junior had never even cast  a single glance at them before this. "hello jimin-hyung!" Jungkook beams. "hi jungkook. so taehyung, any beginner's tips?"
"well, he likes being called oppa or hyung, it's your choice. he's easy to turn on, really. like if you whisper in his ear, kiss his neck. stuff like that," Taehyung says and jungkook knows he's lying. he knows yoongi hates being called anything but yoongi, and he knows yoongi tries to avoid anything sexual at all costs. jungkook grins to himself, glad jimim believes it. "okay, cool," Jimin says and returns to his spot with his friends.

***

later, in detention for the third day in a row, Jimin sits in the very back yet again. he isn't surprised when yoongi slides through the door, this time 20 minutes late. yoongi hesitantly takes his seat next to jimin. "awh hyung you came back here without me asking!" Jimin says in adoration. "Don't call me that," Yoongi mutters. jimin grins to himself, pleased yoongi tried to hide his liking for the name. "so, why are you in here? Jimin asks. "didn't do a project. you?" Yoongi replies, not making eye contact with jimin. "didn't pay attention and I threw a pencil at her," Jimin shrugs. yoongi notices how there are more people in the room than the first day he and Jimin met in there. he suggests it is because more people that like jimin heard he would be in here. he shrugs it off. he didn't care that other people wanted jimin.
"Yoongi-hyung~!" Jimin's voice rings throughout the hallway behind the senior. "what?" Yoongi drones. "can I come ooover?" the junior questions. "Why would I let to you come over?" the blonde bickers. "well because we're friends, and that's what friends do. they hang out," He reasons and Yoongi rolls his eyes. "were not friends," Yoongi informs the junior. jimin jumps in front of yoongi and presses him against the wall. their slight heigh difference makes it difficult, but jimin brings his lips close to yoongi's ear, just so they barely brush against his earlobe. "sure we are... oppa," Jimin says quietly, whispering the last part. "get the fuck away from me," Yoongi says, shoving the arrogant junior away from him. Jimin grins, completely unapologetic. "so, can I come over?" Jimin says calmly. "fine," Yoongi says, unsure if that's a good idea.

***

the walk to yoongi's house is normally quick, but it turned out to be twice as long when jimin tags along. they're about halfway there, and jimin continues to ramble and babble. yoongi doesn't pay attention to anything, only nodding when the time fits. Yoongi's yanked out of daydreaming when he feels a hand, smaller than his, intertwine with his long bony fingers. he looks down to see Jimin gripping onto his hand. he doesn't return the gesture, simply letting his hand fall free. he continues to walk, now paying even less attention to what jimin is saying. he's paying more attention to the feeling of his small fingers in his own hand. he notes how the younger swings their half-intertwined fingers in between them, and how they remind him of taehyung. he thought about how taehyung would force their fingers to interlock, and hold onto his arm as they walked. despite all the weird looks, taehyung would always hold yoongi's hand. no matter how insecure the older felt.