You Have to Go

Sabine's POV

We reached the Atollon within a few hours and to out relief there was no sign of the Empire.

"Ok we got to act fast, they could be here in an hour or be here in a day." Hera said as she pulled the ship down to the surface.

I nodded as the ship landed in the landing pad and we got up to get out.

All of us walked off the platform and we were met with a frantic Commander Sato.

"We were just about to send a search party for you." Sato said as he saw us walk off the ship.

"I'll give you a full report later Commander." Hera said. "But we need to evacuate now."

"They got the base coordinates from Chopper." I said when Sato looked a little confused.

"Karabast." He muttered, and Zeb held in a laugh.

"We need to go now." Hera said.

"You're right I'll give the word." He walked off to send the signal.

"Where are we going to go now?" I asked.

"Let's hope they have a backup plan." Hera said.

"Hera I'll be back soon but I have to do something first." I told her, remembering something.

"Ok just hurry back, we'll hopefully get out of here soon." She said as I grabbed a thumper and ran out into the wild of Atollon, I walked for a while keeping an eye out for what I was looking for.

Where is he? I thought. He has to be here somewhere.

"Bendu?" I yelled though the plants. "Bendu?"

I looked around and reached a open area with a cave off to the side.

"Bendu?" I yelled again and I heard something move, I looked behind me and saw him, slowly creeping up from the ground.

"Who are you?" Bendu said.

"I'm Sabine Wren." I told him.

"Um hmmm. I've seen you before." He closed his eyes.

"I've never met you before." I said confused.

"Child, I've seen you in his mind." He said to me.

"Whose?" I asked.

"Ezra's of course all he could think of was you when we first met.' He said.

I held back some tears.

"Why have you come?" He boomed.

"Honestly I need some advice, the rebels are evacuating the planet because the Empire now knows are location and I thought this was the only chance I had." I said to the massive creature looming over me.

"Ezra and Kanan I haven't felt their force pull, I've caught a small strand of Ezra but it's gradually getting weaker. What has happened Sabine Wren?" He asked. "I can't help if I don't know."

"Kanan, Kanan died." I said and the Bendu shook his head.

"He was a good for a Jedi at least." Bendu said. "What of the boy?"

"He was turned by the dark side." I said trying to hid my feelings.

"Dark I sensed in the boy when we met." He responded and I nodded. "I guess he couldn't resist the pull."

"No he was a good person." I interjected.

"All good people make bad decisions, pulled into problems, make the wrong choice, how they react to that is the true meaning of their character." He said.

"Ezra remembers but it's coming back." I said wondering what he means by that.

"Ezra was given a choice to come back, I assume he didn't. You can't follow his path. I know it's hard but we have to let people go." He said. "Does that answer your question?"

"I guess it does." I said as he began to descend back into the earth.

"Beware of thing that destroys itself." He echoed a warning as he settled back down.

"What does that mean?" I asked but he was already gone.

I shrugged and quickly ran back to the base and was surprised when almost all of the supplies and everything had been packed up and loaded onto supply ships.

"We almost have everything." Zeb said as he appeared from around the corner with Chopper.

"Do you know where we are going?" I asked.

"I believe it's called Yavin 4." He said. "They sent out scouts to find a new planet and this one looks alright."

"We are betting the whole rebellion on 'alright.'" I said.

"Pretty much." He said I laughed.

"Let's get to the Ghost." I said and the three of us walked to our ship and saw Hera loading on supplies.

"Great you're here, we are almost done loading the cargo." She said. "Then we leave for Yavin 4."

"Can't wait." I said as I helped load supplies onto the supply ships that were gathered around the landing bay.

In a few hours we were ready to go.

"Ready?" I asked Zeb as we all walked onto the Ghost.

"Yep." He said as Hera closed the ramp and we watched ships fly off of the planet and we walked to the cockpit.

"Chopper plug up." Hera said as she sat in the pilot's chair and I sat next to her.

"Ready for the unknown." Zeb asked as Hera and me flew the ship off the planet.

"Nope." I replied and Zeb laughed.

Hera started up hyperspace after entering the coordinates and we entered the world of blue once again.

We all sat there lost in our own thoughts as we reached the new base.

We jumped out of hyperspace and was met with a huge red planet, I was relived that there was no imperial presence to be seen.

"That's Yavin, we are heading to that one small green moon." Hera informed us as we flew pass the planet to the moon and I saw some of the other rebellion ships fly around to land on the moon.

I nodded as we entered the planet's atmosphere and landed in a clearing.

"Here we are our new base." She said as I saw the other ships land and unpack as they threw together yet another base for the fleet.

"Let's do this." I said as the four of us got out of the Ghost and unloaded the supplies we have.

I hope Ezra will be alright, and that someday we'll see each other again.