Failure

Ezra's POV

"What are you going to do to me?" Sabine asked Thrawn, he ignored her and faced me.

"You have failed the Empire for the last time Tekara." He told me. "The only reason you are alive because Vader says he needs you alive."

"I'm sorry." I told him.

"Since we can't seem to break your will, you might need an alternate form of persuasion." He told me coldly and hit a button again.

And everything came back again, all my memories and for once I remembered everything that happened.

"Why, why are you doing this to us?" I asked him backing away toward Sabine, my loyalty to the Empire gone for now.

"Power." Was all he replied saying.

"What are going to do to us?" I asked him, looking at Sabine worried.

"It seems that as long as she is alive and fighting against the Empire, we can't have your loyalty." He told me and I gulped.

"Are you going to kill me?" Sabine asked Thrawn, fear in her eyes and I went and sat beside her.

"In a way, but not physically." He replied and I held her close. "We will simply kill Sabine Wren as we tried to kill Ezra Bridger."

"You can't do that." I protested.

"I assure you I can Ezra." Thrawn told me. "Do you want to know what we'll do to her?"

"No but I think you're going to tell me anyway." I said.

"For all my purposes yes you need to know what will happen to her." He told me and I felt Sabine shaking at my side in shock.

"We have evacuated the transformation chamber from the Jedi temple on Coruscant and we have put it on this ship." He told me.

"What's that?" Sabine asked worried.

"It merely changes the look of things." He said starring at us with his red eyes. "We will make Sabine look like a completely different person and put a memory chip I her, just like yours and essentially Sabine Wren will be gone."

"No you can't do that." I said igniting my lightsaber and running to him.

"Ezra!" Sabine said worried as I was about to strike Thrawn when I was blocked by a ray shield.

I glared at him though the shield. "You won't get away with this." I told him.

"I already have." He said as I heard a door open and I turned around to see Sabine fall though a passage in the floor.

"Why take her? Just change my memories again and I'll serve you, just let her go." I begged Thrawn.

"We are done trying to change you maybe Sabine will have more luck than us at that." He told me.

"I will stop you." I told him angry.

"You have already failed Ezra." Thrawn said and I felt a blaster at my back.

"I didn't fail." I told him back as the trooper started pushing me to the door.

"You haven't only failed us and Sabine, but you have failed Kanan too." He said as the door closed on the room and I was pushed to a cell, I went willingly I didn't want to hurt Sabine anymore than I already had, I watched the troops walk away and close the door, wishing Eights was here to help. I went and sat down on the cell bench.

What do I do now? Kanan? Yoda? Obi Wan? Ahsoka?

I was lost again in the galaxy. I have to help Sabine, but I don't know how, I can't lose her, I would fall apart. I sighed. That's what they want to happen away. Maybe it's time to just give up, just give in to the Empire's oppression. It seem like I have two choices, continue to live and serve the Empire and hope Sabine will be ok, or just say goodbye to this world and go see Kanan again. I sat on the bench of the cell losing hope when a few mini later the door opened and two storm troopers came in.

"What do you want?" I said eyeing their blasters and wondering what setting they are on and what I could do to make them shoot to kill.

"We're friends." One trooper said and removed his helmet. "I believe we have met my name is Circuits and my buddy over there is Vent."

Vent waved at me.

"What are you doing?" I asked remembering these troopers from long ago.

"We heard you were being held and we decided we want to fight the Empire or die trying to get out of this place." Circuits told me. "And you would probably know where the rebel base is so...."

"I get it, it's a recuse, hurry and put your helmet back on, we have to make this look convincing." I told him as he did that. "If anyone asks you are taking me to a ship to be transported to Thrawn's star destroyer." I put my hands behind my back, they followed along and Vent pointed the gun at my back and we made our way out of the cell.

"We'll head to the east hanger bay, that's the one with the least security." I told them, as weird as it was remembering everything."But first I need my lightsaber and the location of the transformation chamber."

"I have your lightsaber." Circuits said. "We still don't trust you, I'll give it to you when we safely get off this death trap and we need to go we can't try and save someone else."

"I have to get there." I whispered as we walked down the halls. "My friend is going to be used in the transformation chamber and I have to save her."

"We will drag you out of here, we don't have time to get her, especially since Thrawn is with her." Vent whispered back.

"Please." I said, but we were already in the hanger bay.

"No I will stun you we can come back later." Circuits said and I nodded. We walked to the nearest ship and we were able to get on.

Sabine will be gone by then, I'll have lost her, the force has turned the tides reverse, now I lost her.