Loss

Tekara's POV

I watched the crew leave me for I hoped the last time as much as I wanted to see them again, I knew I couldn't. I also knew that my Master doesn't care that I let them go, he basically told me to let them go. I did make me stronger he was right, but in the right way I don't know anymore.

I watched Eights go back to his station as I walked to my room again.

I sat down and as much I thought about my feelings. I still do love Sabine, and I did miss the crew that much I knew. The only thing I didn't say to her was I love this new power I have, that I have discovered and worked so hard to get and even though I want to keep them safe, I know I have changed. I want this. Even though my parents were killed by the Empire, I see now why they killed them. They were taking away our power, they needed to be punished. I was a fool like them to even try to fight. Instead of killing me the Empire gave me power, that is why I must serve. This is my Empire now.

"It works." A voice called out.

"Master." I said back. "How can I hear you now? This has never worked before."

"You have grown stronger, and now it is time to pick up your training." He said.

"Yes Master." I said.

"You let your friends go." He said and seemed surprised for whatever emotion he had left.

"I'm sorry Master." I said.

He was quiet for a few moments. "I'll have someone come for you soon." He said and our force connection was lost.

I looked up at the ceiling, I was excited to train again, I needed to get these emotions out somehow. I began to mediate again on my bed and was surprised when I heard a voice echoing though the room.

"Ezra." A familiar voice said and I continued to mediate trying to block it out.

"Ezra listen." He said again and I stopped blocking him out.

"What?" I said back, trying to place the voice I heard.

"This is wrong." He said and I opened my eyes and jumped back, when I saw a face I thought I never would again, the ghostly outline of my former Master looking at me his blind eyes piercing mine.

"This isn't you." Kanan said as I crossed my arms.

"My name isn't Ezra anymore, it's Tekara." I said back at him.

"I've heard." He said and sat down beside me.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"To stop you from making the wrong choice." He said.

"You're the one that did that." I said.

"This is the wrong choice, you still have time, do it for me." Kanan said and started to vanish.

"Bye Master." I said as his ghost faded away, he smiled, I smiled back.

I don't have a choice, I can't turn back. I thought as I went back to meditating.

"You do have a choice." A voice seemed to echo.

I don't know what to do anymore. I know the only way to protect Sabine is to stay where I am. The Empire will hunt us down and won't have second thoughts on killing us. I have to stay. I'm sorry Kanan. I'm sorry Master.

I continued to mediate and got a call from the deck.

"Tekara report to main deck we are changing course." Frazer said over my comm.

"Sure Captain." I commed and walked to the bridge.

"Where are we going?" I asked trying to regain my stance.

"We are heading to meet up with the main fleet I got word Vader wants to see you." He said and I nodded.

"What are you waiting for go." I said annoyed.

"Set course." The Captain said.

"Yes sir." A man responded and they set course for hyperspace.

"Inform me when we arrive." I told Frazer and walked off the bridge and walked to the cafeteria to get some refreshments. He nodded on my way out.

I walked to the cafeteria and walked in, oddly enough I saw Eights and his buddies eating at a table. I went to get the food from the bar and was going to go back to my room to eat but I found myself sitting myself by Eights and the conversation stopped.

"Hi Tekara." Eights said as I sat.

"Come on men, I'm just one of you." I said and grinned then immediately regretted it and closed my mouth.

"Well this is GN--." Eights started.

"I already know there numbers, how about their nicknames." I said and a couple of them looked around at each other.

"In that case, that's Circuits." He said beginning to point at each troop stationed around the table. "That's Mouse, this is Bucket and that's Vent."

"Tell me about yourself." I asked no one in particular.

"Well I grew up on a farming planet, I repaired droids for people who's broke and couldn't replace it as soon as I was old enough my parents proudly signed me over to the Empire and I have been serving ever since." Eights told me.

"How are you liking working here? Anyone you really don't like?" I asked.

"Is this a trap?" I heard Mouse whisper to Bucket and he shrugged.

"I for one really don't like Thrawn, I was stationed on his ship once and his hushed whisper drives me crazy just speak normally dude." Vent said, not even caring that he might be set up.

"Same." I said and laughed. "And are we sure he's a Chiss or does he just put on makeup everyday."

They all laughed at that and we continued to joke about different imperials.

"Well, I got to head out." I said and got up after feeling that the ship exited hyperspace.

"Aww do you have to Tekara?" Mouse said and I laughed.

"Yes I have some training to do." I said and left the troops as they continued to talk to each other.

I put my plate in the trash and walked to the bridge and was met with a view of around 10 star destroyers including my Master's ship.

No turning back now.