Chapter 10

Vote, comment, love me. :)

*Leo's POV*

We decided to take my car to wherever it was we were going, but I couldn't get my mother to budge an inch on what we were celebrating. Chloe kept to herself the ride there, only talking from time to time, saying she was hungry and asking if we were close.

The closer my GPS said we were getting the more nervous I became. I'm not too big on surprises, myself, but my mother loves them. Especially if they're from her kids.

By the time I turned down the final street I couldn't help but notice how pristine the area looked. Bright lights sat above most of the building, most a similar light blue and green colors flooded my eyes. I couldn't pronounce the name of the place we had arrived at, something in French.

I could have sworn my mother giggled as she rushed out of the car and waiting for Chloe and I at the front door. My sister didn't look too thrilled at the place, and whined saying she just wanted a cheeseburger. Stifling a laugh and picking her up, I headed to the front door and walked inside as my mother opened it.

The inside looked incredible. Low lighting had set the mood for many couples that sat at the tables, each seat adorned with a black leather and plush seats.

Taking a seat at a booth that said "reserved for Mia" I put Chloe next to me and helped her with the menu. Well, as much as I could. With everything in French I had to use google translator on my phone. After searching for a few moments we finally found something close to a cheeseburger for the little one.

After ordering a salmon and shrimp type meal, I looked over at my mom and asked what in the world we were doing here. A small smile appeared on her lips but she said nothing, aside from after dinner, we'll know.

By the time the food had arrived I was starving. As they woman set the tray down in front of me I marveled at the way everything looked. After waiting just a few moments for it to cool down, I started to dig in, eating everything in front of me and man, it was amazing! The best seafood I had ever eaten!

Glancing over at the other two, I saw then wolfing down their food with the same intensity I had as well. By the time they had finished their food the waiter had started to walk by, prompting my mother to stop her for a moment.

"My dear, this was the best meal I have ever had. Would it be possible to thank the chef personally?"

The woman seemed unsure of what to do at the moment. I slight nervous look overtook her face as she stopped and turned to us.

"Well, yeah I believe that's possible. It's just, he doesn't talk."

"That won't be a problem dear, I just want to thank him for this meal."

After smiling and saying one moment, she walked off and left us to the silent satisfaction of our previous meal. It only took her a few moments to return. As she stepped to the side I felt my mouth drop open as Shylo came into view.

My mother seemed just as shocked as I was, due to her inability to say anything. Hell, even he was surprised to see us. We all stood there for a moment, unsure of what to say until Chloe stepped down from the table and walked up to him.

"Thank you for cooking my cheeseburger Mr Chef. It was really good." She smiled, as she hugged his legs.

Leaning down in front of her, he tapped her nose then returned the hug. After Chloe took the seat next to me once more I looked over and smiled after saying my thanks as well.

"Yes, thank you for the meal you made sir, it was beyond amazing. How are you feeling though? We haven't seen you since the crash?"

Looking up and smiling, he did a thumbs up kind to let us know he was alright.  I couldn't stop the blush even if I wanted too. The smile was amazing. After catching a glimpse of my nothing looking at me, I saw a sly smile cross her face and stared in horror at her next words.

"So, Shylo, was it? I would like to make up what happened earlier with the car crash and all. What do you say you come over for dinner this Friday and I'll cook something for you."

Every bit of air that had once been in my lungs was now replaced with hard knots that got stuck in my throat. I knew why she had done it, but I found myself eager to learn his answer as well.

After smiling and nodding his head yes, I had resist the urge to jump. After my mother told him she would pick him up at around seven on Friday, she then turned to me and told me us the reason we were here in the first place.

"Well, you know about the movie that we just finished? turns out, I was nominated for best lead actress in a movie!"

Even if I had control over it, I still would have shouted as loud as I could. This was amazing, and something my mother had set out to do since she started her career.

"Mom, that's AMAZING!" I yelled, no doubt earning stares from the other people in here.

"Thank you dear, I just can't believe it's happening. Now, we can't tell anyone about it, since it hasn't been released in commercial yet, but I wanted you to know."

Getting up and hugging her I told her how proud I was and how she deserved this more than anyone. After thanking and saying our goodbyes to Mute, we left and headed out to my car, each one of us with our heads held high.

Sorry if this was short, working from my phone while at work so this is the best I can do right now.

Vote, comment, love me. :-)