Chapter 20

"Leo, I truly am sorry for making you cry Friday morning. I let my emotions get the better of me and for that I apologize. I was caught off guard when the person that I met in the bar the night before ended up being a student in my English class. I hope that we can move passed this and still maintain a good relationship with one another."

"PS, while you are a wonderful kisser, I think you might want to google how to make an actual mixed drink. I finished the one you left at my house and my god, I thought I was going to get alcohol poisoning on the spot."

I could help but continue you laugh. I definitely appreciated the compliment on my lip service, but something about him already being drunk, writing this letter, and still somehow remembering the outrageously strong drink I had fixed us the night before. Pulling out my phone to send Kavaar a message about how funny the last part of the letter was, I also thanked him for the compliment only to receive a laughing emoji and a second response shortly afterwards asking what I was up too.

Sending another response letting him know I wasn't doing anything at the moment, he quickly sent a follow up one asking if he could come over. The question caught me very much off guard, and I could feel myself getting irritated. The mixed signals he was giving me were starting to get on my nerves and I most definitely wanted to confront him on them. I knew he couldn't be drinking since we had literally just gotten home maybe ten minutes ago, so this was something he clearly thought out.

Telling him it was okay, and that the door was unlocked I walked into the kitchen to get him a bottle of water for when he arrived, closing the blinds along the way, just to be on the safe side. Though it was doubtful that anyone driving by would recognize him from by looking through the window, I still didn't want to take any chances. Grabbing the bottle, I started to head back to the front of the house after hearing the door close, only to see Kavaar continue walking in my direction.

I started to voice my concerns about us hanging out, how his mixed signals were confusing me, and starting to get on my nerves, but I never got a chance to say any of them. Walking closer and closer, he pushed his lips against mine, cutting off any chance I had at speaking, while placing his hand underneath my chin, pulling my lips tighter against his as he pushed his tongue inward, dancing around and gently massaging mine.

I could feel myself melt. Taking his hand from my chin and wrapping both of them around my body, he pulled me as close to him as our bodies could get, allowing me to feel the warmth in his embrace. He still smelt like fresh snow but tasted like cinnamon.

I could feel my body moving backwards as he pushed further into me, causing my back to soon press tight against the nearest wall and his tongue continued to dance across mine. Then all at once stopped, but continued to hold me in a tight embrace. My mind didn't have time to question anything, the only thing it could focus on was his scent, his taste, his body against mine.

"Ring Ring"

I heard it from across the room, my phone going off, probably my mother calling to check on me, making sure everything was okay. I didn't want to move, I wanted to stay in this position as long as humanly possible.

"Ring Ring"

It felt like it was getting louder. Hearing a sigh and feeling his breath against my head, he kissed my forehead and smiled down at me.

"You should probably get that." He stated softly, loosening his arms from around me.

"RING RING"

Letting out an irritated sigh, I pulled myself from his body and walked over to where my phone was, only for the ringing to stop completely, followed by tappings on the door, though soft at first, the quickly gained in intensity, and speed before a final loud pound caused me to jump.