Chapter 9

Vote, comment, love me. :)

*Leo's POV*

I wasn't sure how to react. I had never been kissed before, at least not by anyone outside of my family, and of course they never kissed my lips. I just sat there, my eyes wide open from shock while his stayed close as he leaned in closer to me. I could feel myself shaking. This wasn't how I envisioned my first kiss being, yet here it was happening right in front of me, hell happening to me!

I wanted it to end. I mean, it's not like I didn't care for Axel. He seems like a good guy and all, I just didn't think I was ready for something like this. It's my first kiss after all, and I am never going to get this back. By some grace of god, he finally gave me an excuse to end the kiss. I felt his hand sliding over one of my bruised areas and jumped back in pain, nearly falling off the piano bench and taking Axel with me. He on the other hand, did fall, ending the kiss and giving me a moment to breathe.

I had always pictured my first kiss from a movie scene. The typical yelling in the rain that led up to that fateful moment their lips were pressed against mine, nothing like how it actually just went. I actually felt kind of nauseous. My stomach turned over and over, leaving me unsure if it was the kiss, or the nervousness that caused it.

Picking himself up off the floor and looking over at me with an overly confused look on his face, he asked what the problem was and it took me a few moments before I could speak. Each time the words tried to leave my mouth my stomach would just tenfold, threatening to release all of its contents onto the floor.

"Hey, Leo? Are you okay?" He asked, concern pretty heavy in his voice.

Again, I struggled to get the words out. I made a small hand motion to my side where his hand had brushed one of my bruises, hoping he would catch on, but he just stared at me as if I had lost my mind, and at this point, I wasn't sure I hadn't.

"Yeah...I'm okay." I struggled to get out.

"You just hit one of my bruises is all"

"Oh, shit. I'm sorry babe."

I didn't like the way he casually said that. Calling me his 'Babe' like it was the most casual thing in the world. I just stood there, returning his stare, unsure of what to do next. They never really cover what comes after the first kiss in the movies I've watched, nor the books I've read. I decided to take a chance and walk over to my bed and sat on the edge where he joined me shortly afterwards, taking a seat right next me and putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Are you okay, Leo? You seem nervous."

Nervous didn't even begin to cover it. I was terrified. I had just barely moved here, just started making friends, and now had my first kiss, all in the same week. It all seemed to move so fast that I felt myself getting dizzy.

"Was I your first kiss or something?" He asked, looking my direction.

I dropped my head down, unsure of how to answer. I mean, he was my first kiss, but is that something you just tell people? That you're a kiss virgin? Is that even a word? He seemed to have picked up on my nonexistent answer and began to chuckle.

"Dude, it's no big deal. It's not like I'd make fun of you for it."

"Well, it's just...I've never really had the chance to kiss anyone."

I felt him wrap his other arm around me, pulling my body into a tight embrace with his. I could tell he was trying to comfort me, help me relax, but if anything it only made me feel worse. You know that feeling when all you want is to be alone, but somehow end up being surrounded by tons of people? That's what I felt like. At least, that's what my mind told me.