Chapter Fourteen: only one place to go

I woke up on something hard and smooth. My eyes fluttered open and I blinked a couple times before looking and realizing I was laying right on Damien's chizzled chest. Then I really realized that I was laying on Damien's chest. I went to move away from him but his arm tightened around me. I didn't even know his arm was there in the first place. He held me there until I began to squirm in his arms. The last thing I wanted to deal with was being tortured by Damien when I first woke up. His eyes popped open now. I think half-vampires still had enough human traits in them to continue sleeping, although I didn't know for how long, or any of the other details either.

“You're really annoying, you know that?” He informed me.

I huffed at him. Just last night he was acting like he liked me. Boy, did he change his mind fast.

“Same to you. Now let me go.” I demanded just as his other arm wrapped around me, nearly crushing my body against his.

He didn't say anything, but he didn't have to. His eyes were beaming at me, as if he knew something I didn't. One of his arms slid up my back, his finger tangling through my hair. Just by reflex I began resisting what I knew he was about to do, but he was stronger then me, as always. He encouraged my head gently to descend towards his.

The next thing I knew his lips caught mine. He moved me so I was pressing up against him even more, in a much more sensitive area. I gasped against his lips when I felt it. This kiss was the same as the one last night; he meant it. He wasn't purposely trying to torture me, although he still was. I couldn't understand his sudden change in heart.

He said he doesn't hate me. But not too long ago he told me that because of who I was he didn't want anything to do with me. So why now did he decide to change his mind? Why now? He deepened the kiss, a dark noise coming from the depths of his throat. The sound made a wild feeling course through me.

“Why are you doing this to me?” I groaned, his lips following my movements.

Then he stopped, pulled his head back, looking at me with darker eyes. But that's all he did, he just looked at me, moving a few strands of hair out of my face as they fell. He shook his head.

“You make me do this to you...”

“I what?” I gaped at him. Where did he get off saying that it was my fault that he was confusing my emotions? One day he hates me and the next keeps kissing me like he can't control himself. That's a lot to process, especially since it doesn't make any sense.

Damien pushed me to the other side of him just as the door opened. He sat up as I layed there a bit dumbfounded by what just happened.

“We have to go, now.” Vincent's stern voice came from the doorway.

I sat up, knowing I still looked dazed, but the alarm in his voice caused me to react. A second later Damien threw me over his shoulder. I didn't even have time to blink before we were outside, hearing the distant sound of glass breaking back inside the house.

“Get in the Scion. No time to split up.” Vincent urged us. Sam and Zero suddenly came running out of the house behind us.

“Well, are we going or are we going to wait for the Venom's dog to figure out where we are?” Sam asked pulling on the car door even though it was obviously still locked.

“If you break my car, I'm breaking your neck!” Damien barked at him then I heard the sound of the car unlocking.

He dropped me gently to my feet for once and gestured me to follow Sam into the back seat. By the time Zero climbed in after me and Vincent got in beside Damien, we sped off. I finally had time to think about what Sam had said. He mentioned a dog. Venom's dog. It must have been the blind wolf. No other animal has come after us before. As this thought crossed my mind, it came to my attention that Zero had a strained look on his face. I looked at him, wondering what was wrong. His head abruptly turned to me. The look on his face was replaced by a crooked smile. I opened my mouth to ask him was was wrong but Vincent's words caught my attention now.