Chapter Twenty-Six: freudian slip

another update for you awesome readers of mine :) there's a scene in here that i tried not to put alot of detail in but you still know what's going on and it's the reason why i had to change the rating. Ill try to update again as soon as i can. here's a definition of the title of the chapter. you'll understand better once you've read the chapter tho;

A Freudian slip, also called parapraxis, is an error in speech, memory, or physical action that is interpreted as occurring due to the interference of some unconscious ("dynamically repressed"), subdued wish, conflict, or train of thought.

as always, vote/comment/fan/ENJOY :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My feet cut into the damp dirt of the forest. The sound of a heart beat pounded, jumping every few seconds. He was scared. They both were. As they should be. One second passed, two, three, four. Gotcha. I lunged forward and slammed his pathetic excuse for a body into the tree he had tried to dodge around. I grabbed his neck, holding him against the rough bark of the tree.

“Where is she?!” I hissed at him.

This wasn't exactly going as Vincent had wanted it to. The second this scum saw us they took off running. They actually thought they could out-run us. My first instinct was to go after her brother, because her smell was all over him. I heard him spit his blood. Disgusting human.

“I'm not telling you anything.” I could tell his teeth were clenched. He was as stubborn as Kim but more annoying...and way less attractive. I squeezed the back of his neck just a little tighter. He let out a scream. Good.

“Tell me!” I couldn't help how angry I was. The smell of her blood on him was maddening.

“What? You're not good enough to find her yourself? You have to ask a human to find her?” He began laughing. If it was anyone else, I would be able to find her in minutes. Not Kim. She always had to make things difficult. The anger I felt consumed me. I threw him to the side as hard as I could. He landed on the ground on his back. My ears caught the sound of shattering. But it wasn't his bones. Something burst inside of his pocket, filling the air around me with Kim's sweet scent.

I charged after him as he stumbled to his feet. I dug into his back pocket so fast he didn't even notice as he took off running away from me. I didn't chase after him as I heard him clumsily escape. I stared down, stunned by what I was looking at. Glass and blood. Kim's blood. The remnants of some sort of syringe were in my hands. What were they doing to her?

“Way to scare them off, Damien.” Zero said sarcastically. I turned to all three of them, they all froze.

“Follow them.” I demanded before they could say anything. I didn't even want to try and explain why this was in my hand, I hardly knew why myself. I threw the glass, wiping the blood off on the tree I had pinned Link to. They all glanced at eachother, contemplating whether or not to pursue the question. But I wasn't letting them even consider it. I took off running, chasing after the pathetic humans.

We caught up to them quickly of course, but kept our distance. They were after all human and wouldn't be able to tell we were right behind them. By the steady pace of their hearts they assumed we got caught up with the wolves again. But they disappeared hours ago. Either these two were going to lead us to Venom, or better yet they'd lead us to Kim.

Eventually we approached an abandoned looking building, where they looked around nervously before they entered. We stayed back, listening and waiting to hear her voice. But the only voices were that of muts and of Venom but no one else.