Chapter Eleven: zero and the princess

“Jealous?!” Damien's face had gone blank at first, but only seconds after I mentioned it he narrowed his eyes and repeated me angrily. “Not even in your wildest dreams!”

I made a face at him. He has smiled in my dreams before so he had no idea what he was talking about.

“Jealous!” He muttered. “She calls me jealous...I am not jealous...I don't get jealous, because I don't care.” He continued on his muttering spree. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Then why didn't you let me stay with Sam?” I swung my legs as I sat on the edge of the bed, watching him pace the room with an annoyed look on his face.

“Because...” He stopped pacing and turned to me, although he seemed reluctant to say anything else.

“Because what, Damien?” I pushed. “I thought you'd be happy to have someone else protect me.”

He set his jaw and looked at me for a long time before answering me in a small voice.

“Because, if anything happens to you, I won't be able to forgive the person who was supposed to be protecting you. So it'd be better to blame myself then anyone else.” He frowned at me when he was done, my jaw had dropped open in shock. He turned away from me.

I stood. “Damien, I--”

The door flew open, interrupting me. Damien's head snapped over to Sam. I spun to face him too, biting down hard on my lip.

“I think you should come have a look at this.” Sam said pointedly to Damien.

Damien glanced at me when Sam turned around then quickly followed him out of the door. I followed close behind as well. We came to the top of the stairs when we heard something break, making me jump. I looked down, seeing someone laying on top of a broken table. He was breathing heavily. His eyes were a pained dark green. Blonde hair stuck out wildly from the hood he was wearing.

“Is that Venom?” I gasped. Damien frowned at me.

“This is a half-blood. Venom's a pure-blood. Besides, don't you remember what Venom looks like, stupid?”

I scowled at him. It had been awhile since he's called me that but I should have expected that. I looked back at the blonde and frowned. His eyes were wandering wildly, when they landed on me and smiled I got this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, a shiver ran up my spine.

“He is Venom. How can you guys not recognize him? Isn't his scent the same?” I informed them.

Damien sighed, looking back at who I knew was Venom. I watched as his blue eyes widened.

“What phase is the moon in tonight?” He asked either of us. Sam was on the other side of Damien.

“New moon.” Sam told him.

“First night?” Damien asked.

Sam's eyes widened. “So this really is Venom.”

“How does the moon bring you to that conclusion?” I frowned at them confused. I knew it was Venom but I had no idea how they figured it out just by what phase the moon is in tonight.

Venom tried to get up but was thrown back down by Vincent. Damien picked me up and jumped off the balcony, landing beside Vincent and Venom. He set me down as Sam was next to us in seconds. He glanced down at me with a handsome smile. I smiled back as Damien started talking.

“Venom's a rare vampire that turns back into a human on the first night of the new moon. But every other night he's a pure-blood. Something must have gone wrong when he was turned...” Damien looked down at the blonde haired Venom. “But why aren't you in hiding?”