Chapter Six (part two): sick, twisted torture

I followed Vincent out into their garage, where we came face to face with an expensive looking car that made my jaw drop. It was a deep red color and so brand new that it was still shiny. My parents didn't even own something like this. Link didn't even own something like this!

“Scion FR-S.” Vincent puffed out his chest proudly when he saw me gawking at the car. “It's not supposed to be out until this spring, but we have our ways of getting what we want.” He winked down at me. Damien layed on the horn making me jump violently. Vincent rolled his eyes.

“Damien, we need to talk!” He barked out at him, his voice catching and bouncing off the walls of the garage.

“We'll talk on the way there.” Damien sounded really irritated.

“No, we're talking before we leave. Kim, you wait right there.” He pointed at me before he opened the passenger door and getting in.

I sat down on the stone steps leading onto the cement floor. I watched Vincent's hands gesture back towards me a few times. Damien glanced back at me and heavily rolled his eyes. He started talking to Vincent with a dark expression on his face. Vincent shook his head at him. Damien looked like he let out a sigh. Now he looked at him like he couldn't believe what Vincent was saying. His face went from disbelief to full on shock.

“No!” He shouted so loud that I was able to hear him.

Vincent rested his hand on Damien's broad, firm shoulder (did I really just describe his shoulder like that?!) Vincent shook his head again, he gestured back towards me once again and patted Damien's shoulder gently. Damien's eyes instantly narrowed. Vincent stared back at him with a straight face before he finally reacted by seeming to burst out laughing. He pointed at Damien and said something like;

“You should see the look on your face!”

I knew this because I was watching his lips move and could nearly hear the murmur of his words.

“I hate you.” Damien muttered at him. Of course I knew what he had said. I had seen his lips make those patterns plenty of times to know what he said.

Vincent messed up Damien's hair who pulled back with an annoyed look on his face. Vincent opened the door with a grin and got back out.

“You love me.” Vincent informed him as he looked at me.

“Let's get going before your dress decides to incinerate.” He grinned at me in a different sort of way then usual. I stood a little bit hesitantly and smiled back timidly.

When I got into the car Damien looked just as annoyed as I thought he was. He glanced at me in the rear view mirror. When my eyes met his icey gaze, he made a face and looked away. I huffed at the back of his head and sunk back in my seat. My eyes automatically moved back to the rear view mirror when I heard the garage door open. From this angle I could see almost his whole face and I swear there was a crooked smile on his face, his eyes were still on me. But I wasn't sure if I was seeing things because now he was glowering at me. I must have been seeing things. Damien didn't smile.

Vincent was now back in the car and Damien put us in reverse, pulling out of the garage and whipping us around...without even looking behind him! He had literally stared at the wall as he did this! I sat there, staring at Damien with openly wide eyes as we sped off down the dirt road way too fast in my opinion. All the while Vincent stared out his window boredly and Damien slumped down in the drivers seat like he was bored too! I gaped at both of them during the whole hour drive to the over sized mall. If Damien wasn't driving like a maniac we would have gotten here in two hours. And honestly, I would have been just fine with that. He could have gotten someone killed!